Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RRC vs S2000 NA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    why pirelli weather? what type of tyre they use?
    Basso and Andreucci are on Pirelli, Hanninen and Scandola use Michelin.
    Pirelli weather because Pirellis do their best on damp, wet and cold roads (they're maybe even better than Michelins in this type of conditions, IMO)

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Watching the video links posted on the Mille Miglia thread it seems the fast way to drive the RRCs is very clean. S2000 are much more spectacular to watch. I hope R4T doesn't end up sounding and looking like RRC on the stages

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stepunk
    Basso and Andreucci are on Pirelli, Hanninen and Scandola use Michelin.
    Pirelli weather because Pirellis do their best on damp, wet and cold roads (they're maybe even better than Michelins in this type of conditions, IMO)
    i mean that they are not using the wet or intermediate type,they are using the rx type which is for dry asphalt.
    that pirelli is better on these conditions is not something to be absolute,same in dry roads too imho

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    i mean that they are not using the wet or intermediate type,they are using the rx type which is for dry asphalt.
    that pirelli is better on these conditions is not something to be absolute,same in dry roads too imho
    In the past Pirelli were always better in these conditions on Italian asphalt. Even if it was just dump and they run on soft slicks. They always started to loose with growing temperature of asphalt.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    know that Mirek,just i d like to say that at Greek asphalt(at least) there are types of asphalts that Pirellis are better,and some types that Michelins are better.Really cant say that this tyre, is definetely better than the other.And i am not talking about damp-wet conditions,but at complete dry and high temperatures we have in Greece.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    So after Basso's near domination of Mille Miglia can we draw any conclusions to the question in this thread?

Now I'm curious to see which car he will chose for Corsica. I prefer to watch (and hear) S2000 cars but it would be kind of interesting to see Basso in Fiesta RRC vs. Sordo in Mini RRC.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    According to Czech magazine "Rally" the latest evolution of Fiesta RRC has new cylinder head and engine mapping resulting in a growth of power which is now around 275 Hp. They wrote the car also had new gear ratios. They wrote it was first used by Al Rahji in Portugal.

I didn't know about that.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    But now we all do . Was there anything about the torque?

I also remember that Gerard Quinn tweeted that the Fiesta RRC has 260 ps when it was introduced. If it know has 275 ps, it would be an improvement of 5,8% which could be realistic. MINI got a 3% increase in the power by redesigning the induction system etc. (prodrive)

I had a recollection that I had read about that somewhere and after a deep search in memory I recalled it was in gpweek, issue 119 (9th of May 2011) GP Week : Issue 115, Page 1

The changes (homologations) by that time was only for reinforcement of the cylinder head but Loriaux said that they’ve done a lot of simulations concerning the shape of combustion chambers etc.

Probably it’s the result of those simulations and tests M-Sport (Ford) have homologated in the beginning of this year (Homologations).

The next ones are off topic but I couldn’t resist the temptation to put them here.

I see it little confusing when Citroen says the DS3 have 350 Nm torque (with 98 SP commercial fuel) with a 29 mm restrictor (http://boutique.citroenracing.com/cm...be96b59bc3.pdf)
    and M-Sport says the Fiesta RRC (Ford Fiesta RRC) has “only” 360 Nm with a 30 mm restrictor. OK, these are the “official” figures but still.

IMO another inconsistency on M-Sport’s site is when they say that the RRC has it peak torque @ 4750 rpm and the WRC car has it peak torque @ 4000 rpm with a bigger restrictor.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Ok, have not seen that, do you have a link?
    If you mean the Mini, the link is http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-conte...es-package.pdf
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Impressed by how evenly matched the RRCs and the S2000 cars are in Korsika. Not a bad job by those who calculated the restrictor size for the RRCs !