Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: RRC vs S2000 NA

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Yes, that's true in my opinion also. Approach to design of Fiesta was different, but I'm not sure if it was worse. Very similar solutions were used in Fiesta WRC later as S2k was some kind of test car for their future Fiesta WRC. Most "difficult" things were for example brake discs bolted directly to wheel hubs, without use of bells (and all 4 wheels rotating when you turn only one, so changing all 4 discs same time was some kind of challenge - one false move and finger broken. Also driveshafts without any bolts, joints with splines etc. Open joints on both sides, with grease all over the place and many, many circlips, seger clips, etc.
    Thanks, interesting!
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Very good interview, and descriptive to everyone.
    Is this the new GP Week, or has the rally Grand Old Man Journalist gone over to this one?
    Martin Holmes left GP Week and moved to Motorsport Monday a year ago...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Sorry to revive such an old and dust-covered thread but I do not want to start new one just for this little but interesting thing...

Tomasz Czopik in an advertisement on rallycarsforsale.net posted a dyno chart of his Fabia S2000. It is very low resolution but it's possible to see that the engine power is roughly 215 kW, i.e. 292,5 Hp @ 8000 rpm and the torque is roughly 270 Nm @ 6800 rpm. There are two torque peaks, one @ 5000 and one @ 6800 rpm. That correponds with an old graph from 2010 I saw years a go (without numbers). Particularly interesting is also the fact the engine is tuned by Jaroslav Vančík, Czech motoring engineer who prepared engines for example for Fabias S2000 of Kresta Racing (Kresta, Tarabus etc.).

Link to the advertisement: http://rallycarsforsale.net/ads/skod...l-or-exchange/

Now somebody may come and say that Proton was claiming in 2011 they had over 300 Hp. On the other hand Škoda kept claiming 270 Hp in their official tables. I call BS both. For me this graph looks somewhat believable considering S2000 performance (actually it's nearly same with a graph I sketched for myself in excel in 2013; my mistake is 2,5 Hp and 2 Nm, lol).
    Last edited by Mirek; 8th May 2017 at 00:05.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (8th May 2017),leighton323 (8th May 2017),OldF (8th May 2017),TWRC (8th May 2017)