Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Look at a replay, Dario squeezed him to the right. There were other similar passes today withou incident.

There is no way we will ever completely eliminate launching, but the bumpers and the sidepods certainly enabled a lot of side by side racing on a narrow course. There was one four car scramble involving Helio, Briscoe and two others that in the past would have resulted in four cars on the hook. As it played out today all four kept on going. The drivers know this and are now not afraid to push a bit harder.

RE: the Marco Rahal incident, Marco is an idiot if he thought he could make that next corner with as much speed as he was carrying. Dixon and Rahal were both on the brakes and Marco was trying a bonsai move. And true to form, just like his dad, he blames the other guy.

Gary
    Dario held his line, which is his right going in to 1 as the leader. I'm sure he was surprised to see Newgarden along side since 10 seconds earlier he fell in line behind him.

Marco can be an idiot but who's to say he couldn't pull an incredible pass? Rahal blocking is what caused the crash in first place.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dario completely missed the apex, he overshot the corner worse than Newgarden and used Newgardens car as the save, Newgarden had the "racing" line as he was able to outbreak Dario, but thanks to the rear bumpers, Dario clipped him and sent him in the wall, with the old car, Dario would've most likely cut Newgardens rear tire. Dario also should've known this is a young kid who was on the front row for the first time and had to have known he was gonna push to get some air time
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great race and once again, awesome coverage by the NBC crew. Great looking and great audio, especially the in-car.

When I saw what Newgarden did, his fault or not, I couldn't help but think of a young Paul Tracy. I like the little shove-over that Dixon gave Franchitti. Tsk-tsk on Rahal although fat chance of Andretti ever making that corner. Oh Sato! I dunno... I hate these late race penalties and the one on RHR is tough to take but that's racing??? Go Hinchcliffe!
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My first live race to attend and watch an IndyCar since forever. Glad to see one series and it looks like although I've missed a lot, this series is heading to the right track. Everyone in one roof, just made it more fun to watch a real racing.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    You had to be there to hear the different engines. Chevy(Ilmor) sound like it is smooth and high pitch. The Lotus(Judd) sound similar to the Chevy but is why down on the pitch and not as smooth. But the shock to me was the Honda as it sounded like the old Offy-turbo mid 70's low and throaty but kicks in hard when it does come on. Should be interesting for the Honda drivers if they don't change it by Indy as the Offy with a large turbo were a hand full when the turbo kicked in....
    You must have good ears because they sound the same to me! I posted a YouTube link of my video clips and about 3/4 through I have footage of them coming down the main straight and I honestly cannot tell the difference. Of course, I'm also a tone deaf singer. =)
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LB TV Rating

Good news is the ratings were up 21% from last year. Bad news is that it is still dismal at a .34 overnight. Pressdog has some more detailed numbers breakdown. Bad news that they couldn't even pull a 1.0 in the host city. (LA overnight .80)

pressdog.com: Long Beach Overnight TV Ratings up 21% from Last Year

Quote Originally Posted by Cart750hp
    My first live race to attend and watch an IndyCar since forever. Glad to see one series and it looks like although I've missed a lot, this series is heading to the right track. Everyone in one roof, just made it more fun to watch a real racing.
    Hey Cart750, good to see you around. I haven't seen you here in a long while.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rahal gets 6 race probation for block at LB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="DBell"]INDYCAR: Rahal Receives 6-Race Probation For Move On Andretti[/QUOT

I'm sure he wont be able to sleep now. Ridiculous.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    INDYCAR: Rahal Receives 6-Race Probation For Move On Andretti[/QUOT

I'm sure he wont be able to sleep now. Ridiculous.
    At least it was addressed and not forgotten about. I would have rather them add a 10 grid spot penalty to the next race along with the probation, but at least it wasn't swept under the rug.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it seems appropriate - the real test is if Barfield is consistent and also what he does if Rahal screws up again while on probation....

I am not sure what else you can do short of sitting the driver out for a race and I do not think the series is in a place it can afford to do that right yet and I do not think that would be the right penalty at this time.... Same goes for a $$ fine...

Personally, I think both drivers need a good talking to behind closed doors from someone they both respect and/or fear to tell them a little about themselves... and I don't think any of us need to know who said what.... A little rivalry would be a good thing but these two need to be a little better before their rivalry has any real substance......