Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Patrick Dempsey producing TV show

This should be pretty good. Just too bad that I don't get (and have never heard of) the Velocity Network... but I wish I did!!! I still can't get the ESPN360 channel (or whatever it's called now) so that I can see the regular ALMS races. Hell, I can't get Speed2 either!

But anyway...

Patrick Dempsey producing TV show
    LOS ANGELES -- Patrick Dempsey is bringing his passion for auto racing to television with a new documentary series.
    The "Grey's Anatomy" star will produce "Road to Le Mans," a four-part series about his competition in the venerable French race, the Velocity channel said Thursday.
    Dempsey, who has a professional auto racing team based in Georgia, will be both owner and driver at the 24-hour endurance race in June.
    "Road to Le Mans," set to air by mid-2013, will include his team's preparation for the event, including sponsor acquisition, training and time trials, and the race itself.
    Dempsey, a documentary buff, said combining the series and the art of racing is a "perfect fit."
    For the fledgling, 6-month-old Velocity, "Road to Le Mans" represents its biggest financial commitment yet to a series or a special, said Bob Scanlon, the channel's general manager and senior vice president.
    Velocity is part of Discovery Communications, which was to announce its channels' upcoming programming Thursday in New York for advertisers. Formerly HD Theater, Velocity reaches about 40 million homes and focuses on topics including cars, sports, adventure and travel.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Velocity network is my addiction. Great news.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!