Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BSB Brands Hatch

The BSB series gets off the ground at the historic Brand Hatch circuit, the scene of Tommy Hill’s monumental race with John Hopkins for the title last year. BSB 2011 - Brands Hatch - Phenomenal last lap, 0.006s - YouTube

With the plethora of talented riders now supplemented by Nori Haga and Freddy Foray we can expect to see racing of the highest standard although I doubt they could improve on last year’s competition unless they dump the shootout rubbish.

It was good to see that Supersonic BMW signed up Tommy Bridewell to replace West. I hope TB and partner Patrick Muff do well.

The Supersport series was just as great last year and I would expect the Wilson v Seeley battle to be re-kindled with McConnell keeping them honest now partnering Glen Richards who has returned to the fold. However, there are a number of other excellent riders in this series who could well take it to the favorites including but mot limited to Warren and Kennedy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope Nori has a great season in BSB, really pleased to see him on a Yamaha again. Actually I won't be seeing him, we don't get BSB on tv here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A very strong lineup in BSB this year, hope you guys overseas can get hold of some coverage.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Yes, it was the main reason for me to have digital TV since August 2010, so that I can see the BSB races on Eurosport 2.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    SUPERBIKES latest free practice
    Tommy Hill ahead but 20 riders within 0.900 secs

SUPERSPORTS QUALIFYING
    http://www.britishsuperbike.com/medi...qualifying.pdf

1. Billy McConnell (Smiths (Gloucester) Racing Triumph 47.176s[/*:m:1wx9d91p]
    2. Christian Iddon (Oxford TAG Triumph) + 0.070s[/*:m:1wx9d91p]
    3. Glen Richards (Smiths (Gloucester) Racing Triumph) + 0.133s[/*:m:1wx9d91p]
    4. Sam Warren (Seton Tuning Yamaha) + 0.141s[/*:m:1wx9d91p]
    5. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) + 0.198s[/*:m:1wx9d91p]

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, qualifying result:

Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) 52.877s
    Jon Kirkham (Samsung Honda) +0.278s
    Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +0.484s
    Tristan Palmer (Gbmoto) +0.708s
    Freddy Foray (Quattro Plant Kawasaki) +0.890s
    Noriyuki Haga (Swan Yamaha) +0.934s
    Tommy Bridewell (Supersonic BMW) +0.934s
    Michael Rutter (MSS Bathams Kawasaki) +1.006s
    Stuart Easton (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +1.619s
    Luca Scassa (Padgetts Honda) +1.649s

The opening session was dramatic for a pair of the title contenders as reigning champion Tommy Hill crashed out at Graham Hill Bend on his third lap and despite the frantic efforts to try and get the Swan Yamaha back on track the damage meant he was unable to continue. He will start from 29th on the grid for the opening race as he is set for a challenging start to his title defence.

Michael Laverty on the Samsung Honda was another rider to miss out as he pitted whilst running ninth but as he returned to the garage he dropped down the order and then before he could return to the track it began to drizzle and he will start 21st on the grid.
    2007 Motogp Pickems Champion,2009 BTCC Pickems Champion,
    2011 F1 Pickems Champion,2012 Cup Scramble Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All a bit of a shambles today at Brands, the rain and then petrol getting spilled on the (entire) track by Supersport runner Pauli Pekkanen caused havoc and we only got one BSB race (Jon Kirkham won - of the international imports, Freddie Foray was 9th, Alessandro Polita 11th and Nori was 13th after an off day) and a much-shortened Supersport race after it descended into carnage a couple of times with the BSB race and the 125s/Moto3 getting called off due to the track conditions - the correct decision in the conditions and the races'll be run at one of the other meetings.

Fortunately no-one got badly hurt and we roll on to Thruxton next weekend, hopefully we'll get a proper full round instead of today's slight false start to the championship.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008