Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Alesi to drive for Newman/Haas at Indy!

October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Old and retired for some time now, I think he is only good to drive a pace car. My opinion. I would like to see Paul Tracy race for my money.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think the 500 is a good place to make a debut in an Indycar. Especially for a 47 year old with no oval experience although I don't think his age is the limiting factor. I couldn't help but think of Nelson Piquet and the misfortune that befell him when I saw this thread. The upside is this year's 500 will certainly be grabbing some eyes from the F1 crowd. Good luck to him.

What's Jacques Villeneuve up to these days?
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Really don't understand this move at all. No oval experience of any sort, out of single seaters for God alone knows how long (indeed, what HAS he been driving?) and with a Lotus powered car that we know won't be competitive, assuming it even turns up. Beyond press attention, what on Earth is he or Newman Haas hoping to achieve? Very strange decision. Plenty of people I'd like to see back in the series (Bertrand Baguette for example), but this is baffling.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't understand Jean Alesi either, but I always enjoyed watching him during the F1 period.. I enjoyed him the most when it was raining, or in the Prost. Because that Prost was always so terrible, and he could still drive into the top 10 very regular. That's why I'm kinda excited, but also a little worried about it. I would love to see Villeneuve running that car. What Villeneuve is doing nowadays? He runs the road courses in NASCAR Nationwide If I'm completely right.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's good to see him racing, but with a Lotus engine and no oval experience if there's over 33 cars then he'll be lucky to qualify.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Newman-Haas aspect is the good part in my opinion.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

very nice!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apparently the ICS is turning into Grand Prix Masters 2.0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't see this happening with three BIG unknowns in one package (Driver, Gutless Engine Package and a has been team). It's just a pie in the sky press release like the woman that supposedly won the Mega Lotto.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500