Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please explain #

I posted in the feedback section of this forum. I do expect to be banned for the audacious behavior for questioning the actions of the administrator of the forum and moderators such as starter.

I have come to these forums, mostly to the racing areas and have seen many heated conversations occur but, I have also seen people needlessly banned for the use of # in place of a letter.
    One frequent poster used it recently and it was edited. The whole post lost it's significant point.

Explain to me if you can why it is universally accepted such as the beep on TV that the use of # is allowed in script and essays. In fact so much so that when I was recently obligated to write a summation to a discussion held at my place of work that I was forced to use # or* to quote a person.
    Any educated person knows that this is acceptable and only those that disagree with a post on these forums will ban the member or delete the post. This is completely and absolutely wrong. The moderators pick and choose who they want to ban or whose post will be deleted. I have many discussions and one moderator in particular has edited posts, in particular gun threads that where he disagrees with the poster , but allows worse go unheeded.
    If a moderator wishes to comment he should do so under another screen name. His posting on a topic is akin to a referee playing for one side.

If you, Mark the Admin continue to delete people and threads based on hunches you will soon have a pretty useless forum.
    I posted on another part of this page and posed a question for you.
    I hope before I am banned as is surely going to be the case for this awful thread or because you believe I am someone else. How convenient. I saw the posts by mona and when you were asked why he was banned or she you said it was a person coming in under another name. How on earth do you know that? Prove that these people are someone else and also explain why this forum is so puritanical that it knows what the # and the * stands for. You may assume to know or you can guess, but, unless you explain it to me and all the members why it is unacceptable then we are at a loss. Robin miller at Speed, uses ######## all the time and allows his posters the latitude to do the same.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

United in diversity !!!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Do feel free to start your own forum with whatever rules you wish.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Perhaps this thread should be moved to the b####ing, er, I mean the Feedback forum.

tareup:
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    As I understand it, the problem with this member was that he was banned, and then -- instead of serving out his punishment with due repenting -- he threatened to sue the administration of the forum. He then rejoined the forum under different user names, to carry on regardless. Is that right?

If it is, it's not about #####-s at all, is it... Nor is it about whether one can or cannot question moderators. (One can.) It's about being a dick of the highest order.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defefence
    you will soon have a pretty useless forum.
    I think you'll find we're quite capable of managing that on our own
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    As I understand it, the problem with this member was that he was banned, and then -- instead of serving out his punishment with due repenting -- he threatened to sue the administration of the forum. He then rejoined the forum under different user names, to carry on regardless. Is that right?

If it is, it's not about #####-s at all, is it... Nor is it about whether one can or cannot question moderators. (One can.) It's about being a dick of the highest order.
    And this poster is one and the same person. As we're many others. Quite tiresome.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    a right pain in the donkey
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    The funny thing is that even if the forum were run by a democracy vote, nobody would want to deal with the whining trolls.

The next thing you know someone will accuse that Mark is biased because of various posters accents.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Take it from a member that has been banned more times than I care to admit. Every single one was well deserved. If you accept their decision, and do your penance, you will eventually get your mind right!
    May the forza be with you