Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Well there's the root of your problem
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    OK!! I tried the compressed air in the water reservoir to try to flush the system out but it didn't work. At the moment, I have to wait three minutes and then operate the washer, and it will only spray on the passenger side.
    Does anyone else here have any ideas to help me?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You need to try the compressed air just on the line to the washer that doesn't work.
    That's what I meant. At least in my car the hoses look like they can be easily taken off and put back on again.
    I could really use a fish right now

thumbs up

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Valve, the lines are clogged with mineral deposits from using tap water. You can try pumping vinegar through the lines. Vinegar, a mild acid, will disovle the minerals. Although, this may take several attempts.
    Otherwise, replace the lines
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    OK! I think the guy at the local garage solved the issue. He fitted a nozzle attachment to his compressed air line, and blew that into the windscreen washer outlets. This, plus a lot more flushing of the system eventually solved the problem. The soapy sudsy water lasted a long, long time. There was also some slimy stuff in the system. My final blowing out with the compressed air finally at the nozzle outlets blew water out of the reservoir. I then filled it with clean water. The water spray is still slightly soapy. I will continue to use the washers regularly every time I go out to try to continue to flush out the system.
    The lesson here is:"NEVER PUT CONCENTRATED DETERGENT INTO YOUR WINDSCREEN WASHER RESERVOIR".

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Was it household detergent or the special stuff for screen washers you used?

I have a similar problem with my rear washer - it just doesn't work. The garage say that it would be uneconomic to try anything as it means removing so much trim to get at the pipe.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    Was it household detergent or the special stuff for screen washers you used?

I have a similar problem with my rear washer - it just doesn't work. The garage say that it would be uneconomic to try anything as it means removing so much trim to get at the pipe.
    It was the concentrated washing up detergent - whatever you do, never, NEVER put that stuff into you windscreen washer reservoir.