Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    :cornfused:

Not to defend Apple, but I find the iPod a treat to use compared with the (numerous) previous mp3 players I've used over the years .

Oops, sorry, perhaps this should have been posted in the current Apple-bashing thread tareup:
    nah i disagree, i used to have a Creative Zen Vision M and it was much easier to use then the ipod i currently have.
    You could just connect it to the computer (pc) and use explorer to copy the songs (like any other USB memory or External harddrive)
    but you also had the option to use the software suite that came with the player but it wasn't mandatory like itunes is for i-devices.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Nokia has the best way to transfer songs, you connect your mobile to your PC, open you library, move each album or song to it...voila'. iTunes is probably the only thing I hate about my iPhone
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Nokia has the best way to transfer songs, you connect your mobile to your PC, open you library, move each album or song to it......
    But that is exactly what iTunes does.

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    But that is exactly what iTunes does.

Not exactly, you must transfer all your albums/songs from your library to iTunes first then you can add them to your iPhone so you can't do much without iTunes
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Not exactly, you must transfer all your albums/songs from your library to iTunes first then you can add them to your iPhone ...
    Sure, but that is a one-time task. Once that’s accomplished iTunes is merely a library manager, one that functions quite well in my opinion. New tracks added, either by ripping from a cd or purchased, are automatically added to the iTunes.

I can’t believe I’m actually trying to defend Apple :

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Sure, but that is a one-time task. Once that’s accomplished iTunes is merely a library manager, one that functions quite well in my opinion. New tracks added, either by ripping from a cd or purchased, are automatically added to the iTunes.

I can’t believe I’m actually trying to defend Apple :
    you still have to sync it and ONLY with one itunes at the time. With nokia/Creative you can add files/songs from unlimited
    number of computers without the need for a program. Just open windows explorer and transfer the files to the mp3 player.
    with ipod you are forced to use itunes and if you use it on another itunes you will either replace the library on the ipod or the library in itunes.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    you still have to sync it and ONLY with one itunes at the time. With nokia/Creative you can add files/songs from unlimited
    number of computers without the need for a program. Just open windows explorer and transfer the files to the mp3 player.
    with ipod you are forced to use itunes and if you use it on another itunes you will either replace the library on the ipod or the library in itunes.
    Um, o.k., I guess if you don’t want to maintain a media library, iTunes isn’t for you

My music files reside on an external hard drive that can be accessed either by our home desktop or the wife’s laptop, via our home wireless network.

We sync music files to two iPods, my Touch and my daughter’s Nano, from the one shared library. My daughter typically syncs using the laptop as that’s where she saves her iTunes settings. I have my settings set on the iTunes copy on the desktop that I use to sync to my Touch.