Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

iPod syncing problems

Any iPod experts out there?

I can't get my iPod touch to sync with iTunes. When I click on "Sync Music" it says it will replace all the songs on my iPod with what's in iTunes Library whih is Zero. I wnt to import all the tunes off my iPod to populate iTunes.

Any ideas?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    What sort of iPod? iOS or classic?

Normally the music sync only works in one direction, from your computer to your iPod. However Karen has done it where she's moved computers and she's set her iPod with the old iTunes to be a 'storage device' then you can register the iPod with the new iTunes and upload.

Now that's with classic iPod. No idea if the same applies with iOS or iCloud.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Knockie, I think what you may want to do is "share" your music library. I did this once when I installed iTunes on the wife's laptop and copied my music library from the iPod. Now I have the music library installed on both her laptop and the home desktop (the original source). I can't remember exactly what I did, but there was a "share library" option somewhere that I had to enable .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    There's an option in one of the drop down menus for "Authorise this computer" or something, that sounds like what Mark is on about. TBH Apple are just a pain in the arse with stuff like this, it's never simple and (more annoyingly) never clear. The amount of times that I've just gambled on getting the right button is amazing. As it is I'm currently cold turkey anyway, the iPhone finally gave up the ghost and started turning itself off whenever I opened an app and my iPod was plugged into my car and the battery is ruined
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    ... TBH Apple are just a pain in the arse with stuff like this, it's never simple and (more annoyingly) never clear. The amount of times that I've just gambled on getting the right button is amazing. ...
    :cornfused:

Not to defend Apple, but I find the iPod a treat to use compared with the (numerous) previous mp3 players I've used over the years .

Oops, sorry, perhaps this should have been posted in the current Apple-bashing thread tareup:
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    The thing itself is remarkably easy to use...until you want to link it to a PC and do anything. Syncing my phone and iPod was always a trial and the time when things went wrong. Also the inbuilt battery thing gets on your tits.

I've always praised Apple for their presentation and ease of use, I've recently got an HTC and setting it up took a lot more effort than when I got the iPhone. But there are practicalities (and the price) that really let Apple down.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    The thing itself is remarkably easy to use...until you want to link it to a PC and do anything.
    That's obvious it only works with the iStuff. Trying to connect it to a PC? Blasphemy!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    throw it in the sink perhaps?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    That's obvious it only works with the iStuff. Trying to connect it to a PC? Blasphemy!
    Er, no... not at all. Until a few months ago, a PC is all I had to sync my iPod Touch. I haven't even transferred my iTunes library over to the Mac yet. My girl uses a MacBook Pro to sync her iPhone and iPad. I still use a PC (Windows XP). As far as I know, my life isn't any worse than hers when doing that.

Sorry I can't answer Knock's question. But I haven't tried to do that yet. But once he authorizes the new(?) PC or Mac, wouldn't a backup do the trick, or am I confused?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

-bump-