Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Milestone..thank's for a great game!
    This is the best rallying experience I have ever played..
    When playing a game the most impotand thing ( for me ) is the fun factor..
    I have been playing games for a long time..really long time and this is the best and most fun rallying game..no doubt!
    Argentina,NZ,Greece..Italy Amazing

The graphics on Xbox are great can't image how it will look on high end pc.
    The sound..most discussed issue... I think is ok!
    I have been playing with Microsoft Xbox wheel..and it's working super!

No Assist!

Jojje

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Had an hour and a half with the game today - not bad! The physics are ok, allthough I find certain surfaces too grippy. Also irritated by the too grippy grass in hairpins which somehow nearly seem to put the car in neutral. Graphics are good, but I am still let down by the sounds of most cars. The sound of the Civic wasn't too bad actually. Also missing to be able to use the clutch and h-shift gearbox, hoping for a fix for this!
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Had an hour and a half with the game today - not bad! The physics are ok, allthough I find certain surfaces too grippy. Also irritated by the too grippy grass in hairpins which somehow nearly seem to put the car in neutral. Graphics are good, but I am still let down by the sounds of most cars. The sound of the Civic wasn't too bad actually. Also missing to be able to use the clutch and h-shift gearbox, hoping for a fix for this!

Which surfaces?

Jojje

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Just started a full season with the Polo. Monte Carlo is really amazing, Mexico is very good, Sweden is the same stages but wider with no bumps and stones outside, Portugal is stupid. Generally the roads are narrow as they should be, but still there are some parts with huge cuts possible. The engine sounds are way more realistic. The handling seems pretty easy even though I'm playing with keyboard, sometimes I post green splits or top 3 times with 2-3 crashes (all this on default difficulty at medium opponents' strength bar and no rewind). I love the long stages, all I need is somebody make a mod for infinite loops. About the graphics, well the dust/snow/tyre smoke particles are quite poor - very saturated in the beginning and quickly vanishing completely. Tyre marks on tarmac are also unnatural, like drawed with big black paintbrushes. BTW I couldnt find a way to return to the main menu when in a rally, only Alt+F4 works.

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Glad to hear all of the good comments about the game! Really nice to hear!

Tomorrow will be the day!
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro83
    Kirungi: You work with this, you seems to know what you're talking about, can you please explane for me and others who wonder...

How can the amatur people get almost perfect car sound, inside and outside for RBR and Codemasters get a okey/good sound for Dirt but Milestone can't??

What do you think is the diffrence? Why do they never succsess on this part of the game?

I cant understand this but want some answear from a guy like you who work with this!

For me it sounds easy for a team like codemasters and Milestone to get a Fiesta, DS3 and Mini WRC to sounds like real in a game when the amaturs almost fix this for a old game like RBR??
    Apologies for the late response - everyone's enjoying the game now anyway but I thought I'd add my response to this complaint as I would guess it.

I can't say for sure (I've never done game sound, only film/tv), but I presume that a software team might have dozens of artists, many physics programmers, etc. but perhaps not a large sound design crew. If you get a guy who is great with recording tyre noises, crowd noises, atmospherics, etc. but doesn't have a touch, or a natural ear, for in-car engine audio, you might not have the budget to get someone else. A really obsessed fan working on a patch for RBR is doing it for passion with no deadline and nothing else they're required to do for the game... it's a different situation. I've seen videos of almost flawless sounding pacenotes in Daniel Elena's real voice on RBR! How much Loeb onboard video would you have to download, listen to, cut up, programme in... Passion can create great details but passion alone doesn't make 100+ people coordinate to make a unified, large final product like Dirt or WRC3 - or in my case, a finished film. You need paid professionals with a schedule and a deadline and a budget. That creates great potential results but it does force decisions on where to limit your resources!

I've just spoken to so many people who work on a project like this and you ask them about a problem that everybody knows about, a problem they were involved in, even, and they will NEVER look at you confused and say "wow, I thought we'd done a great job on that! I'm amazed audiences had that reaction!". They will ALWAYS say "yes, I knew about this problem, wanted to make it better and spend more time, and I did everything I could with the time and resources we had - I told the bosses it needed to be better, blah blah blah, and it was finally decided we couldn't delay things/blow the budget/whatever just to fix it! It's so frustrating!"

All that said, I hope for a patch or fan-mod, but I will definitely be buying this game to reward Milestone's passion AND coordination in the many other important aspects that everybody seems to be really liking! I can only congratulate them for developing and improving every iteration of the game.

Finally I've also driven a rally car and I definitely remember the gravel and road noise being much more noticeable that the engine noise. It is there no doubt but the suspension, tyres, gravel hitting the bodywork and notes in your headset are the biggest things I noticed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just played the pc demo. Love the graphics. Without FSAA I am getting stable 120 frames per second and my 120hz monitor. Which, by the way, looks beautiful. One major improvement from 2010 (never played 2011) is that when you don't use FSAA (anti-aliasing) the game doesn't force edge smoothing which made the first game look terrible. I rather have the clean crips look than edge smoothing.

As for the gameplay... I'm not to impressed. I think 2010 played a lot more realistic and I find 2012 to be arcade like. Just because 2012 is harder control doesn't mean it's more like a simulation. And another thing I don't like is how the camera shakes with the car when using the ouside rear view. The camera should only shake when your inside or front view.

I hope they don't add or force edge smoothing in the official game. I also hope they fix those issues I mentioned maybe with a patch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Plan9 did you buy the game in nZ?
    Yes. I have the game now. Just done my first season. Came 12th with no assists and full AI difficulty. Now doing season 2 with Armindo. I still want the Cooper S code though...

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Kirungi: Thank's, good answear!
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [YOUTUBE]3fQoFnp521Q[/YOUTUBE]