Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAPA Commercial

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Why the hell do they do some crappy commercials anyway? They should really concentrate more on driving...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Why the hell do they do some crappy commercials anyway? They should really concentrate more on driving...
    Acting comes natural to Mikey.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know if this is Mikey's fault as much as Toyota's. There is definitely a problem when there is an outside chance the entire make could be sitting out texas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's definitely a Toyota issue with a bit of bad driving added in. Toyotas haven't performed all that well. They should've worked in Busch first and then moved up to Cup.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with you dbjack.
    Toyota should have spent a full season or 2 in the Busch Series BEFORE coming to Cup.
    Toyota jumped the gun getting into Cup racing too soon IMO.

Once Dale Jarrett runs out of Previous Champion's Provisionals ...
    Toyota will probably try to urge another previous Champion out of retirement.

Dale Jarrett only has 2 Previous Champion's Provisionals left ....
    See : http://groups.msn.com/GoBoogity/pcp.msnw
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that he's only got one provisional left...

They should've either jumped into just Busch or waited for the first full CoT season to get started. They're wasting their time on three different cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Toyota has approached cup racing like they did open wheel, throw enough money at it and they'll dominate. They and the teams they've chosen (especially the European owned Red Bull) haven't shown the cup series the respect it deserves and they're paying for it. Dodge spent the resources to get one of the sports elite engineering minds when they entered. Toyota almost seems to have taken the approach that they're way smarter than the American brands and NASCAR. That they could win with a bunch of nobodys and beat the establishment. Well, they can't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    Toyota has approached cup racing like they did open wheel, throw enough money at it and they'll dominate. They and the teams they've chosen (especially the European owned Red Bull) haven't shown the cup series the respect it deserves and they're paying for it. Dodge spent the resources to get one of the sports elite engineering minds when they entered. Toyota almost seems to have taken the approach that they're way smarter than the American brands and NASCAR. That they could win with a bunch of nobodys and beat the establishment. Well, they can't.
    Toyota's done the same thing in Formula 1.
    They've thrown boatloads of money into their team & the budget dwarfs the budget of The Big Three of Ferrari, Renault & McLaren.
    But every single season they not only get their butts handed to them by The Big Three, but also by 2nd tier teams like Honda & Williams.
    Cup - Stewart, Kahne & Labonte
    IRL - Hornish, Castroneves & Dixon
    F1 - Alonso, Hamilton & Räikkönen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Totally agree with both of you. They did it right in the CTS by focusing on getting those trucks to run well and, let's face it, they're the dominate force now. But they went at Cup and Busch a whole lot different and forgot what worked for them. Toyota's just in for more embarrassment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    I think that he's only got one provisional left...

They should've either jumped into just Busch or waited for the first full CoT season to get started. They're wasting their time on three different cars.
    No, he still has 2 of 6 left. DJ got into Bristol on speed.

I think they did it right getting in at the begining of the CoT program. Waiting a year wouldn't help now with full field full time grids, and leaving BDR & MWR in there with unsupported Dodges wouldn't be any better off. I think the Toyota teams are doing only a little worse then I thought they would.