Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    At Vop---at, not in conversation or debate, I don't converse with people that socialize and apologize for murderers and terrorists---and brag about it.

Does the news not reach that isolated wasteland where you are holed up? No recollection of recent events? Early onset Ahlheimers, or the sun cooked the braon too much?

VOp is the worst kind of troll, the one that pretends he doesn't know things..
    Anybody else want to waste a few minutes:
    http://dpc.senate.gov/hearings/heari...ointreport.pdf

Of course the United States Senate are probably a bunch of Baukunists Revolutionaries to VOP

And maybe for VOP charging $800,000,000 for meals never served, perhaps that's "just a contractual dispute" but to any sentient being able to glance at the above report, it sure as hell is obviously part of a pattern that was condoned..

And somebody politer than I explain to the friend of terrorist, and fugitive from law that we are not discussing "any Large Corporation", this thread, since his attention span is defective, was about insane and ridiculous waste of taxpayer money----destabilizing world security as it enriches a few tenths of one percent of my country.

Lame attempt at changing the subject. Lame even for Vop.

$400 per gallon gas to drive debate over cost of war in Afghanistan - TheHill.com

$400 per gallon gas to drive debate over cost of war in Afghanistan
    By Roxana Tiron - 10/15/09 08:34 PM ET
    Tweet

The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan.

The statistic is likely to play into the escalating debate in Congress over the cost of a war that entered its ninth year last week.

Pentagon officials have told the House Appropriations Defense Subcommittee a gallon of fuel costs the military about $400 by the time it arrives in the remote locations in Afghanistan where U.S. troops operate.

“It is a number that we were not aware of and it is worrisome,” Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.), the chairman of the House Appropriations Defense panel, said in an interview with The Hill. “When I heard that figure from the Defense Department, we started looking into it.”

The Pentagon comptroller’s office provided the fuel statistic to the committee staff when it was asked for a breakdown of why every 1,000 troops deployed to Afghanistan costs $1 billion. The Obama administration uses this estimate in calculating the cost of sending more troops to Afghanistan.
    All you have is a Partisan report by two of the most Left-wing, Anti-Business people in Congress from 2005?

then you follow up with a quote from the treasonous John Murtha?

Seriously?

Is that all?

No Criminal Conviction?
    No Bi=Partisan finding?
    Not even an admission of a possible clerical error?

Nothing?

And you did know that the report was about Halliburton not KBR right?

Still waiting for you to give us an example of a large corporation that doesn't get sued or accused of malfeasance. I would think up where you are from there are tons of Progressive Corporations that nobody sues.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Sorry folk, can't waste endless amounts of time with people who lie and parse words and play the "no conviction" BS. I received yet another infraction from the so called "moderator" for daring to ask Vop simple questions---which we knows he knows about this, everybody was watching all this and it is nothing new.....
    Military procurement is and has been legalized theft for decades.
    Indeed American foreign policy and the quick resort to military solutions could not be a better designed plan for direct wealth transfer to a select group of interlocking companies/DoD/politicians...
    800 million dollars for unserved meals.

It was bad in the 50s, seriously bad enough that a man far more astute than any of the notorious crowd of gung ho flag wavers here spoke as clear a a man can speak in his farewell address when leaving the White House.

The real insults are those thrown out insulting the intelligence of the other readers and the pretending innocence, and the transparently obvious attempts at distracting the readers "still waiting .."---that sort of crap deserves an infraction

Have fun.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Sorry folk, can't waste endless amounts of time with people who lie and parse words and play the "no conviction" BS. I received yet another infraction from the so called "moderator" for daring to ask Vop simple questions---which we knows he knows about this, everybody was watching all this and it is nothing new.....
    Indeed American foreign policy and the quick resort to military solutions could not be a better designed plan for direct wealth transfer to a select group of interlocking companies/DoD/politicians...

It was bad in the 50s, seriously bad enough that a man far more astute than any of the notorious crowd of gung ho flag wavers here spoke as clear a a man can speak in his farewell address when leaving the White House.

The real insults are those thrown out insulting the intelligence of the other readers and the pretending innocence, and the transparently obvious attempts at distracting the readers "still waiting .."---that sort of crap deserves an infraction

Have fun.
    I could simply have 'liked' this but felt it deserved a stronger agreement.. Well said Sir.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Have fun.
    I'd suggest that the fact you can't engage in discussion without insulting anyone that has another view is the cause of the infraction. Of course I lie because the facts as I see them don't agree with your view. I don't see where Vop insulted anyone either, he simply disputed a point of view.

Taken directly from your provided link:

"In April 2005, Defense Department officials dismissed auditor findings that
    Halliburton had submitted $200 million in questioned charges for dining facility
    services, deciding instead to retroactively change the formula for Halliburton’s
    billing and increase the company’s profit margin.

On April 5, 2005, the U.S. Army Field Support Command announced that
    Halliburton would receive $145 million out of $200 million (72.5%) of the costs
    DCAA questioned for meal services in Iraq."

This is not the 800 million you claim was for meals never served. Once again those actually researching the issue would find that Haliburton stated that their obligation stated in the contract was to make dining facilities and meals available, and there was no clause of payment per meal served. Once again not a drive through down the road, but dining facilities often within high security areas and in some cases even in forward operating bases.

Having dealt directly with military procurement in the past I found that it was their procedures and insane clauses that create the majority of the fleecing they end up taking. I had things that we made that it took more time to read through and conform with the contract requirement red tape than it did to make and deliver the product. I had several local commands that in the long run saved a ton of money by changing their procedures.

These days I work on several bases on the non military side, and see the same thing. They are so tied up in red tape that they can barely function at times. Here is another example of government waste that could easily be stopped.... I work on 6 different locations and to do so submit to 4 different types of background check and passes. Though each base commander does have discretion as to civilian access they have procedures where one pass could handle the different requirements of each base. Out of the 4 background checks and passes, only one of them is paid for at my company expense. The other 3 are paid by tax money.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Have fun.

So ya got nothing???

Not even an attempt at an answer for my simple question? I know you can't be too busy

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So ya got nothing???

Not even an attempt at an answer for my simple question? I know you can't be too busy
    You, me and everybody else who has been alive and able to read any time after 2000 has endless answers.

Your pretense that you need citations is trolling in the classic sense.
    YOU prove I am incorrect- You can waste your time REFUTING the FACTS if you want to prove you have something.

Rather than dismissing the facts with saying "that's a Democrat".

I said I will not engage in your time wasting since the out of control "moderator" Starter keeps sending me threats about "you'll be out of here" since he approves of your general type of insults insulting everybody, but disapproves of any answer back and has a burning need to control dialog.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You have been sanctioned here several times for insulting other members prior to that - I even cited the specific dates to you in a PM.
    That, with respect, is not something I think you as a moderator should be raising in public. I also feel it's inappropriate for you to call a fellow forum member a liar.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You, me and everybody else who has been alive and able to read any time after 2000 has endless answers.
    It shouldn't be a problem then, Give me just 1. Just 1 single large corporation that hasn't been sued or accused of malfeasance.

Your pretense that you need citations is trolling in the classic sense.
    YOU prove I am incorrect- You can waste your time REFUTING the FACTS if you want to prove you have something.
    I have already proven you are incorrect. It isn't my fault you can't accept it

Rather than dismissing the facts with saying "that's a Democrat".
    I never said Democrat. Check. I said "two of the most Left-wing, Anti-Business people in Congress" and "treasonous" It was you who associated it with the Democratic Party....Not me.

I said I will not engage in your time wasting since the out of control "moderator" Starter keeps sending me threats about "you'll be out of here" since he approves of your general type of insults insulting everybody, but disapproves of any answer back and has a burning need to control dialog.
    Well then stop with the tired old left-wing tactic of resorting to personal insults when faced with irrefutable logic

Mr. janvanvurpa, the liar here is you, not Vop. I clearly stated in the explaination that went with your infraction that it was because of the personal insult directed at Vop and not because of the rest of that post. You have been sanctioned here several times for insulting other members prior to that - I even cited the specific dates to you in a PM, just in case you forgot. You do your position no good when you act in that manner. You are most definitely NOT the poster child for intelligent and civilzed discourse.

I say again your personal animus shows very clearly. It is fine line but asking some theoretical or real person "Are you so out of touch? Are you drunk? Are you an idiot?" IS NOT the same as calling them that. That is why we differentiate between declarative statements and questions and the smarter amongst us notice we use a little thingie to distinguish the 2---it's called a question mark and it looks like this: ?
    perhaps you've seen one before?

You can call me a liar from the safety of your cherished anonymity and your undeserved status here since you are anything but moderate.
    But it does not alter the fact that Vop knows full well what he is playing his "cite sources" game, pretend all you want but that is a lie, and the pretense he operates under is an insult to readers here.
    It is unfortunate that you are mired in a level of reading that is entirely superficial, a trait shared by so many of our countrymen, and particularly here, that it is a worldwide cliche.

You are on a vendetta whatever your name is, that is obvious, and the repeated PMs from other forum members sick to death of your heavy handed mixing of opinion and moderator status belies that...

The moderating in general is simply bizarre.
    In Feburary I received an 'infraction' for the crime of agreeing with a statement that BDunnel wrote. He had correctly said that something I wrote was absurd or nonsensical and I explained that I agreed and that it was because it is pointless to talk rationally with...let's see here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    That's a bit of a ridiculous statement to make, if I may say so.
    Thank you.

My personally insulting response:

Let me explain something again.
    When dealing with ridiculous people the only logical response is a ridiculous one. When dealing with those who spew hate and advocate violence, it is only logical to return them the favor so as to help them to understand their folly.

You just said something to the effect that he---whatever alias he hides behind---seems like a sociopath
    I believe you said.. lemme run and check,
    check clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp Hmmmmm lessee (rummage rustle)
    Ah yes, it was a sociopath clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp

OK I'm back, these clogs are noisy on wood, eh?
    Yes you said "he seems like a sociopath" Now I'm in full agreement with you. Tell me, why should I attempt to speak rationally with a sociopath---and 'ow do you know e's NOT a paranoiac , eh?

I'm mainly curious where such a degree of hate and contempt for humanity was developed and so I can make sure I avoid it.
    Now I'm note trying to either argue or get BDunnel in trouble, but a big threat to me for merely agreeing with something he said evidently without penalty (I can't say, I did PM him and asked if he'd been threatened or got a whack on his e-peen, but he didn't answer) seems a bit over the top.

The moderating is definitely out of control when a moderator can make personal insults as whatever Starters name is just did without receiving an infraction.

The scene from Blazing Saddles where the new Sheriff pulls a gun and holds it to his own head springs to mind.

Whatever, Starter wants me out of Chit Chat and like the rest of his class of people the operative rule is do as I say, not as I do.
    So I guess its alright for you to make personal insults, you're exempt from the rules you govern by, so call me a liar all you want.
    It's your forum, and any disagreement with whatever you decide the meaning of anything is must by definition mean a person is a liar.

After all insults, like all offense, does depend on intent.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    He was the one to put it up in public. I was done with it until then. Also suggest you re read his post which I quoted. He was the one who called a member a liar and then lied about the circumstances in his post. Should he dispute that, and he gives gives me permission to use it, I'll be pleased to put up the PM proving same.
    I'm afraid I don't think that response is good enough from a moderator. I, too — as you know, I think — have doubts about your suitability for the position, as in spite of your assurances to the contrary I believe you do treat some members differently to others when it comes to issuing warnings.