Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    "He was too close" is how I heard it. Did he hit you? No. Did he push you off the track? No. Then stop moaning, it's a big boys' game.
    In fairness the replays show that his radio call was in relation to Karthikeyan, not Lewis, and actually quite justified. I take it back.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    In fairness the replays show that his radio call was in relation to Karthikeyan, not Lewis, and actually quite justified. I take it back.
    Likewise.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Show me a racing driver, who doesn't moan and complain if things don't go his way. How often have we heard Lewis, Button, Alonso and other bitch over the team radio. It's in their genes.
    Ive never heard any of the drivers you mention complain that someone is too close, thats what we fans want to see, wheel to wheel action and all!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Ive never heard any of the drivers you mention complain that someone is too close, thats what we fans want to see, wheel to wheel action and all!
    But it was about Narain and not Lewis. When you are lapped you shouldn't be too close.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm convinced that the HRT's either don't have mirrors, or that they're mounted so flimsily that vibrations render them unusable, or (more likely) that the cars are such nightmares to control that the drivers don't have the spare capacity to keep an eye on their opponents. Whenever somebody is blocked, be it in practice, qualifying, or the race, you can virtually guarantee that it's an HRT at fault.

Or Schumacher.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    To be honest I was unhappy with the traffic as well. Not that the HRTs and the Caterams did something wrong, but the nature of the track made the traffic bad for the race leader.
    And? It's the same for everyone out there.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Wrong part of the track to get caught in traffic.

Gary Anderson blames car set up:

Think back to Abu Dhabi and the way they set the car up after Vettel's exclusion from qualifying.

Normally, Red Bull run short gears and lots of downforce for the ultimate lap time and try to win from the front.

But in Abu Dhabi they took some downforce off it, changed the gear ratios and gave the car faster straight-line speed so it was easier to overtake. But the lap time was still very strong in spite of that.

I thought they might look at that and compromise a little for this race to keep their options open, give Vettel a set-up that meant if he didn't get pole or got tripped up in the race - as he did - he could still recover with enough straight-line speed to pass people.

But they didn't do that. They were slow on the straight in qualifying, with the DRS overtaking aid open. Hamilton was six km/h faster than them.

In the race, the leader defending his position does not have the use of DRS but the guy chasing him does. DRS gives you about 15km/h so that's a 21km/h advantage in speed for Hamilton, so Vettel was helpless.

BBC Sport - Gary Anderson column: Ferrari getting left behind

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    And? It's the same for everyone out there.
    Yes, it's the nature of the circuit, but I understand why Seb was frustrated. Such accidents are much more common in series with different classes - Le Mans for example. It is understandable that the drivers might be a little bit frustrated after losing their advantage in traffic.
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Yes, it's the nature of the circuit, but I understand why Seb was frustrated. Such accidents are much more common in series with different classes - Le Mans for example. It is understandable that the drivers might be a little bit frustrated after losing their advantage in traffic.
    he was losing his advantage anyway
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Lewis was also hindered in traffic and saw his gain on Vettel lost at one point. That's racing.
    Absolutely! It happened early enough in the race that it doesn't seem as important. However I think Seb’s reaction is acceptable, and this criticism is a little nit picky
    May the forza be with you