Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Once again it seems that when Alonso wins, all the merit goes to the driver, and when he doesn't win is because the car is crap. How are all of you so sure that this car is not good?
    I saw it in testing in Barcelona and it looked Awful and completely unplanted compared to the McLaren's and RBR's. I have no doubt the only reason that car won today is because of the driver dragging every ounce of performance from it.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    You're simply the best !
    He's always been amazing but I'd still give driver of the day to Perez.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    There's no doubt in my mind after his performances over the last three years in Ferrari that Alonso walks clearly with the greats. He's up there with Ayrton, Schuey and Prost in my opinion. He has conceived me more in the last three years than he did over his championship winning seasons.

Perez still gets driver of the race though.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Winter testing means nothing. He obviously did a very good job and is one of the best out there, but when the race was dry today, Alonso still set good times so this car is not that bad. Wake up, nobody wins in a bad car these days.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Once again it seems that when Alonso wins, all the merit goes to the driver, and when he doesn't win is because the car is crap. How are all of you so sure that this car is not good?
    Well, it is true that the conditions suited the car for whatever reason. Already in winter testing it was said that F2012 has a narrow performance window, which means that sometimes it can be really fast. But not consistently.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Winter testing means nothing. He obviously did a very good job and is one of the best out there, but when the race was dry today, Alonso still set good times so this car is not that bad. Wake up, nobody wins in a bad car these days.
    Did Alonso really set fast times on slicks? I could have sworn Pérez was cutting down on his lead at about a full second per lap - it didn't seem to me that Alonso was what you could have called mightily fast on the dry.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    .... How are all of you so sure that this car is not good?
    Domenicali said that to ital tv Rai Uno just after the race
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Once again it seems when Alonso does badly, you are nowhere to be seen, and when he does he and his fans are donkeys.
    The car was unexpectedly good in certain conditions today, albeit only in Alonso's hands.
    In fact, Priorat, the only fault I could find in Alonso today was that he is Spanish and he has publicly said he supports Real Madrid.
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Great race by Fernando today, when I saw it was going to rain I was expecting a few upsets but I certainly wasn't expecting that.. yes, he was quite fortunate that the conditions and circumstances played into his hands but he really grabbed hold of the opportunity and made the most of it.. great job.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Alonso is the most complete driver in F1.
    Today he drove a brilliant race without making a single mistake.
    The team was also there to assist him: strategy, pitstops and ... public relations :