Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Children

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    Yeah, everyone's so highly strung that they don't think the teacher (or anyone else) might be right. Road rage was just the start.
    Yes, I do think people are angrier nowadays than ever before.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    Is that an offer? If you want to come and look after my daughter for a couple of mornings a week so that I can have a lie-in, that'll be grand :

Is she over 18?
    Some say...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    The problem here in educational level, schools I mean, is that we integrate the classes due the cost cutting. Therefore we might have an oversensitive child in the same class as hyper-active AD/HD child. Basicly it means the same you put a rapist in the same room with the victim of rapist. The children who doesn't have the room to act as they wish, will do so somewhere else, mainly in a place they feel secure or opposite, hence at home, or in school. Weird isn't it?

There comes another problem. Ther are children with diagnosis and then there are children who are just brought up badly. When ever there comes a child in our institute, the worst his/her papers are, the better he/she has behaved. And these children come straight from the hospital, on psychological side. Then we have kids who run on the walls and yell like hyenas and come from "normal" homes.

Our place is usually the first place they found the limits.

Many times I have thought the same folks here on this thread earlier. I was raised by a single parent, dad, and sometimes he was rough on me, with a reason I might add now afterwards. And it didn't leave any traumas in me. Not that I know of anyway. Current times feel a little weird sometimes There should be a respect to elders more.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't get me started on the evil, twisted, out of control, little bleeders ....

When the child is out at night bashing in a car, the parents should be looking at criminal charges for the damage. I would be to blame if my dog bit anyone, so they should be to blame if their kid does damage. The is NO excuse for a parent not knowing what their kid is up to. NONE!

Ten year olds being hit by cars at midnight, 15 year olds being raped outside nightclubs, every year olds causing criminal damage - it's all the parents doing. Not society, not schools, not anybody barring lazy, incompitent parents.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Don't get me started on the evil, twisted, out of control, little bleeders ....

When the child is out at night bashing in a car, the parents should be looking at criminal charges for the damage. I would be to blame if my dog bit anyone, so they should be to blame if their kid does damage. The is NO excuse for a parent not knowing what their kid is up to. NONE!

Ten year olds being hit by cars at midnight, 15 year olds being raped outside nightclubs, every year olds causing criminal damage - it's all the parents doing. Not society, not schools, not anybody barring lazy, incompitent parents.

Agreed. From what I've seen at school with Caroline teachers do get a lot of stick for problems that parents themselves cause. I guess it's human nature not to want to blame yourself isn't it
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's the problem, parents never seem to take it on the chin when their kid is in trouble. They blame that 'bad crowd' that nobody ever seems to find parentless and wandering the streets

Sorry, but long working hours cannot be blamed for parent/child relationships being soured most of the time. The parents of the worst offenders don't have a job. They just sit about all day moaning about the government and society holding them back, then wonder why their children smash up bus shelters at night. The kids of hard working parents are probably more liable to be in the warm, smashing up their own home while their family is at work

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That's the problem, parents never seem to take it on the chin when their kid is in trouble. They blame that 'bad crowd' that nobody ever seems to find parentless and wandering the streets

Sorry, but long working hours cannot be blamed for parent/child relationships being soured most of the time. The parents of the worst offenders don't have a job. They just sit about all day moaning about the government and society holding them back, then wonder why their children smash up bus shelters at night. The kids of hard working parents are probably more liable to be in the warm, smashing up their own home while their family is at work
    Yes. I know it's terribly judgemental of me but there are certain children at Caroline's school who have certain difficulties be they learning or behaviour related. Just from looking at some of the parents and hearing of their words and behaviour it's fairly obvious to me that parents have far more to do with their childrens behaviour than other students and certainly teachers. It seems that whenever a child isn't nice to another child it's bullying and when a child isn't achieving to their potential it's the teachers fault. Parents seldom seem to see that the real cause of the problem is often themselves and are even less likely to admit it.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Parents seldom seem to see that the real cause of the problem is often themselves and are even less likely to admit it.
    Having spent several years trailing out to sort behaviour problems in horses, I've never yet met a horse owner who admits they are the one to blame for Neddy's biting, kicking, whatever. Yet they will all, without fail, complain about the children, dogs and horses of other horse owners on the yard. It's human nature. In the end I dispaired and gave in with the (highly paid) job

So, as that's my only real experience of behaviour problems, I have to say that a short session with a child behaviourist would help most parents at least begin to see what causes problems. A beginning is all some would need. For the others, a visit to court may do the trick. But the carrot before the stick would be my ideal choice.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally think most of the blame lies with how people treat these kids and how the media presents the story.

Most people (kids included) aren't stupid, but only act stupid if you treat them so.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Having spent several years trailing out to sort behaviour problems in horses, I've never yet met a horse owner who admits they are the one to blame for Neddy's biting, kicking, whatever. Yet they will all, without fail, complain about the children, dogs and horses of other horse owners on the yard. It's human nature. In the end I dispaired and gave in with the (highly paid) job

So, as that's my only real experience of behaviour problems, I have to say that a short session with a child behaviourist would help most parents at least begin to see what causes problems. A beginning is all some would need. For the others, a visit to court may do the trick. But the carrot before the stick would be my ideal choice.
    But do parents really give two hoots if the problem is themselves and the solution involves them changing? Probably not sadly Because we're all perfect and especially so in regards to children we may have. It's always someone elses fault and if someone thinks it's my fault they're an effing this and effing that and they don't like me because I'm poor or something. It's amazing the lengths people will go to avoid solving a problem when the solution can be comparitively easy compared to the problem of dealing with a child with difficulties.

But what do I know? I don't go about knocking up my girlfriend so I can't possibly know anything about parenting