Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    TBH I don't think the accident affected Massa

He is what he is and had one good season in F1 where the car was lightning fast and he could do his usual thing of getting a pole and then disappearing out front.
    Massa is a great front runner and nothing else. Even in that 2008 year he got help in Belgium. was pathetic in Silverstone and lets not forget that in 2007 with an even better car, was outclassed by Kimi who won.

Admittedly the car is difficult but this just proves to show the difference between a guy like Alonso who can will a car to perform beyond its means and Massa who simply can't handle it whatsoever. If there were at least flashes of brilliance or signs to suggest that he is being severely compromised by the team, then I could understand. But as it stands, the guy is a serviceable F1 driver with no gusto. If I were ferrari I would call up Sauber and offer a driver trade for either perez or kobayashi (and maybe both drivers and sauber would refuse) but it is unimaginable that Ferrari would go for 19 more performances like this.

Its funny I recall Damon hill calling Rosberg an AI driver, but TBH the real AI driver is massa, gives you a performance within the parameters of the car, incapable of adjusting, lacking that racer's edge and relying on an engineer to supply him with input at every lap throughout a race.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    ... and there it is. Thank you Dex, for that was precisely where I was going. By compounding a bad move with an even worse move, Di Montezmolo & Domenicali proved to be the most inept management to ever be given a team.
    A bit of hyperbole there, methinks. I can think of many worse examples.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    A bit of hyperbole there, methinks. I can think of many worse examples.
    Like?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Like?
    Günter Schmid at ATS and Rial and Andrea Sassetti at Andrea Moda are the two best examples. I hardly think the way the Jaguar F1 team was managed was a shining example of excellence much of the time. And the same goes for Tom Walkinshaw at Arrows in the end, except that 'inept' doesn't quite cover it in that case.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Günter Schmid at ATS and Rial and Andrea Sassetti at Andrea Moda are the two best examples. I hardly think the way the Jaguar F1 team was managed was a shining example of excellence much of the time. And the same goes for Tom Walkinshaw at Arrows in the end, except that 'inept' doesn't quite cover it in that case.
    Why do we need to get so far in the past? If we're talking about bad management, HRT takes the top spot by quite a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Why do we need to get so far in the past? If we're talking about bad management, HRT takes the top spot by quite a distance.
    Compared with Sassetti? Not in my eyes, at least.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    [quote="Koz"]They got Fisi, didn't they?[/QUOTE

How could I forget that?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I don't want to take sides in the debate going on here, though I think it's kind of funny that, at some point in the race, Petrov saw Massa's tail. Petrov's sorry interview after his car DNF'd was also humorous. He seemed to imply, quite optimistically, that seeing Massa's tail at some point showed how good Caterham's cars have become.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Compared with Sassetti? Not in my eyes, at least.
    I'm only talking about the current crop of teams - none of them can compare to HRT in that regard. I've heard of Andrea Moda, but having been there and knowing what happened with that team would have been rather difficult due to biological reasons - might not have been born at the time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I'm only talking about the current crop of teams - none of them can compare to HRT in that regard. I've heard of Andrea Moda, but having been there and knowing what happened with that team would have been rather difficult due to biological reasons - might not have been born at the time yet.
    Ah, I see.