Quote Originally Posted by Koz
Bad time for NZ now. Winter is coming, so all you'll be doing is getting wet.
Good time would be October to Feb.

Auckland is pretty boring, I can't think of much to do or see around there. It depends on what you want to see, how much time you will spend there etc. The further south you go the more there is to see and do.

As far as 40 hours of travelling... Why don't you have a stop over in Singapore or Thailand etc. for a few days on your way to Aus/NZ??
I was thinking about going there during September, as my next terms starts by then, so I wouldn't have to catch up much in my studies. Missing October or No avember would be a bigger problem, as it would mean missing three or four weeks of class, which isn't good at all, specially considering that I'll be doing an internship by then. I was thinking about travelling to Auckland for the first three weeks of September. I'm supposed to be doing an English course for at least three weeks - otherwise,the Spanish government wouldn't give me a scholarship, which I'll definitely need if I'm going there.

If Auckland is such a boring place, then I'll have to look for something else, just in case. However, I understand that New Zealand is a beautiful country to visit, so even if there's not much to do, I'm sure that I'll still be able to have a great time.

Oh, and thanks a lot for your opinion!