Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Thanks a lot for your opinions! It seems there are many amazing places which I'll have to visit some day. Montreal is one I'd definitely love going to - being a F1 fan, there's a rather obvious reason for that.

However, I can't find any agencies which offer English courses in either Montreal or Quebec. Anyway, they might be cheaper alternatives than going to Oz/New Zealand, and they wouldn't require me to spend so many hours on a plane (or what's worse, waiting in an airport for hours), so I'll look into these.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Thanks a lot for your opinions! It seems there are many amazing places which I'll have to visit some day. Montreal is one I'd definitely love going to - being a F1 fan, there's a rather obvious reason for that.

However, I can't find any agencies which offer English courses in either Montreal or Quebec. Anyway, they might be cheaper alternatives than going to Oz/New Zealand, and they wouldn't require me to spend so many hours on a plane (or what's worse, waiting in an airport for hours), so I'll look into these.
    Look into prices from London to Vancouver. And if you're in an airport, use that as uno opportunidad para practicar. Look for very pretty girls and act extra timid. Carry some crazy phrase book and just open it to any random page where it says maybe "¿Ustedes venden botas vaqueras de piel de cocodrilo?" and read it out while smiling. If they don't understand, flip the pages to a new random place and maybe read: Creo que he roto la caja de cambios porque no se puede seleccionar la 6 ª marcha, ¿se puede reparar?.. The important things is to pay attention to if they smile and are curious, or if they act afraid and stupid.
    If the find it funny then ask for help---and the rest is up to you. 8)
    But I assure you, that is the best advice on learning a language---get engaged in situation where you MUST speak.

It worked for me!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would visit New Zealand for sure. The perfect timing would be a month ago in order to get an invitation to the set of 'The Hobbit'. But I'll visit this country anyway cause it has beautiful nature. And I would obviously visit England. I'm looking forward to meet the Doctor!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'd say New Zealand.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    ps: and how is my English Mark ?
    Not Mark but it used to be better paisa, Australia and Japan on my list of places I would like to visit.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    The Canadian province of Quebec has French as its first language so I would have thought the cities of Montreal and Quebec are the last places in Canada to go to learn English, though they are probably excellent locations to learn French!

The Many Benefits Of Utilizing Paper Bags

These are examples of the various advantages of paper bags. And the best thing about these bags is, they are quiet fashionable these days, as well. Gone are the days when Paper Bags mean dull-looking brown bags made of paper. There are so many Attractive Paper Bags that look so fashionable these days. These Colored Paper Bags are can be found in so many colors, sizes and designs, making them so hip-looking and so cool. This is one of the reasons why a lot of department stores, boutiques and even huge shopping malls are now shifting to Paper Bags in bagging their products. Aside from costing less, these Shopping Paper Bags can be a very good marketing material as well without compromising the looks. No wonder why these Fashionable Paper Bags are trending nowadays. They are cheaper, easy to carry, hip-looking and they are not harmful to the earth. [url=http://nicepaperbag.bravejournal.com/ ]Cheap Paper Bags

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Isn't there a country right here in Europe where people speak a bit of English? I forget its name, but I've heard it's green and pleasant. :

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose

Isn't there a country right here in Europe where people speak a bit of English? I forget its name, but I've heard it's green and pleasant. :
    I'm sure there is, but, unfortunately, it doesn't tickle my fancy as much as going somewhere completely new. Yes, improving my English is one of the main reasons for travelling abroad, but, after all, there are more reasons to travel than learning English... and if I have to choose a place (which I do), it turns out that Australia and New Zealand look magnificient to me. So that's why they are my primary choices.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Hi! I'm looking into English courses in summer - if you've read any of my previous messages, I'm pretty sure you know why I need them. I've looked into several possible destinations and the most interesting ones were Australia (Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane), New Zealand (Auckland) and Canada (Toronto or Vancouver).

Australia and New Zealand look like really nice places to visit, but travelling there might be a pain in the @$$.
    Bad time for NZ now. Winter is coming, so all you'll be doing is getting wet.
    Good time would be October to Feb.

Auckland is pretty boring, I can't think of much to do or see around there. It depends on what you want to see, how much time you will spend there etc. The further south you go the more there is to see and do.

As far as 40 hours of travelling... Why don't you have a stop over in Singapore or Thailand etc. for a few days on your way to Aus/NZ??