Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    there are always lapped cars in F1 races it makes absolutely no different if its an hrt or toro rosso both will be going significantly slower than a leading car coming up to lap them
    Comparing STR with HRT is as stupid as it gets.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    i dont agree with this, i dont believe in the idea of kicking things when they are down. hrt just needs a little boost to get going, 1 race. they would learn SO much just by doing one race. but oh well. rich get richer and poor get poorer in f1. top teams can get away with so much bull**** every year but the "poor" teams are usually not given any rope. besides where did they come up with 107% all those years ago? Why not 108, why not 106? its just stupid, a number they pulled out of thin air...
    I completely agree
    Running on sunday would have helped the team come to terms with the car a bit better and if anything help them towards malaysia
    At the end of Q1 they were only 2 seconds off Marussia

IMO if any team is allowed to enter F1 then they should be allowed to race
    it is as much a business as it is a sport and this does nothing but hurt the team
    I know they have issues, but some of the comments here hoping they loose sponsors and fade away are really sad, considering that they give us two more seats and another competitor that just ads to the show. I would hate F1 to turn into Motor GP with only 12-13 vehicles showing up for races.

I watch F1 for the competition and the spectacle. So one less team, one less intrigue, one less aspect to the sunday show is everyone's loss.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Totally disagree.

It is a danger for the driver, marshalls and spectators to have slow cars on the track.
    sorry, but that is just nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    so is completely failing to understand the context of that mention
    so I guess that labeling something stupid when you can't even figure out the context is both funny and sad

I remember folks like you who were advocating for STR to go away just a few years ago
    STR was Minardi...long considered a laughing stock of F1 minnows, but valiantly hung on, while the likes of Toyota, Honda, & BMW decided to leave at the slightest sign of trouble for flimsy reasons, even though they were better teams. and after a few years ,they won a race and now are a strong mid pack contender.

I'd rather have a team that struggles to be in F1 because they want to be there, rather than a team that simply looks at F1 as marketing and accounting opportunity.

RBR used to be Jaguar which had a terrible time in its re-introduction to F1
    Force India was Spyker that was considered a joke
    etc, etc,

Especially with today's economics, digital world and integrated society,
    If you are admitted to F1 then as long as you can produce a car, you should be allowed to race
    The only thing this move does is damage F1 IMO,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I just meant when the leaders lap cars it doesnt matter if its an hrt or str because any car being lapped has to slow down and move over so in that case it doesnt matter HRT is a couple seconds slower because lapped cars are not doing maximum lap times. Simply HRT doesnt have to slow down that much to be lapped is all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I completely agree
    Running on sunday would have helped the team come to terms with the car a bit better and if anything help them towards malaysia
    At the end of Q1 they were only 2 seconds off Marussia

IMO if any team is allowed to enter F1 then they should be allowed to race
    it is as much a business as it is a sport and this does nothing but hurt the team
    I know they have issues, but some of the comments here hoping they loose sponsors and fade away are really sad, considering that they give us two more seats and another competitor that just ads to the show. I would hate F1 to turn into Motor GP with only 12-13 vehicles showing up for races.

I watch F1 for the competition and the spectacle. So one less team, one less intrigue, one less aspect to the sunday show is everyone's loss.
    Thanks man! Glad someone here understands where I am coming from. I totally agree with what you say as well. I feel bad for HRT, imagine how much money and effort theyve spent only for some stuffy old elitists rich guys to deny them the ability to race because of a wonky unscientific rule. 107 percent, 110 percent, WHO CARES. again there were others besides HRT causing traffic problems in qualifying infact I cant remember a race recently in f1 where there werent traffic problems caused by all kinds of different teams including fast teams.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Seb overtakes Rosberg around the outside! Way to go Seb!
    Grosjean get's a taste of Maldonado agressivity!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    MS out, gearbox issue.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I suspected that the Mercs would be slower in race pace, in qualy most of their speed came from the drs advantage which they could use most of the lap, so unfortunately they seem to behind Maclarens and rbr overall

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rosberg is a road block!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rosberg uses other tarmac than the track. penalty comming?