Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat to the mat
    Why/how can anyone take your comments seriously when you write with the skills of a 3 year old ?
    The more pertinent question would be: Why are you being a dick when he was clearly making a reasonable point?

Anyway, had a good day yesterday, but one of my worst days for photography in a long time. For some reason I was really struggling to get any shots that I was happy with. Even panning shots (usually my 'go to' style when I can't think of anything else) weren't coming out very well. Managed to finally get a few decent ones on the last stage when we watched by a jump...although it felt like cheating by putting it on auto focus and continuous shooting

Mel Evans was clearly going to win it or bin it, completely on it all day and just looked streets ahead of anyone else. The one other driver that really impressed was a red Nova, only saw him once through Stage 3 over Deer's and he was fully committed. I commented to the old man about not expecting to see him again, sadly I turned out to be right.

One final special mention for the dickhead car park marshall that instructed us to park on the left about 1 mile from Dixie's, and then proceeded to walk off from his post. What really ****ed me off was that we passed about 20-30 spaces between where he was stood and the stage. If he hadn't been there then he would have saved an awful lot of us a big load of effort (especially returning to the car to move over the other side for Stage 6). I actually parked further away for this event than I did for Rally GB, all because some car park bloke wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, pics:

IMG_4829 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr

IMG_4815 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr

IMG_4486 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr

IMG_4928 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    One final special mention for the dickhead car park marshall that instructed us to park on the left about 1 mile from Dixie's, and then proceeded to walk off from his post. What really ****ed me off was that we passed about 20-30 spaces between where he was stood and the stage. If he hadn't been there then he would have saved an awful lot of us a big load of effort (especially returning to the car to move over the other side for Stage 6). I actually parked further away for this event than I did for Rally GB, all because some car park bloke wasn't paying attention.
    Cracking pics there.

Yes also agree about the dick carpark marshel, as i to was further away than i was for Rally GB. Although i decided to leave the car there all day. Walked Dixies, down the Steps towards the stage start. It was only once i had walked to Picadilly that i remberd how far the car was. About 4 mile back, mainly up hill. My legs are aching today lol.
    Video will follow, when youtube is done uploading. Only 900 mins left lol

Also i have seen some dull spectators , but lying down on the outside of a steep downhill adverse camber fast right hander, below road level. Between Bartons jump, and Devils going towards Dixies. Well this is why rallying on Epynt hangs by a thread.

Steve

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    Also i have seen some dull spectators , but lying down on the outside of a steep downhill adverse camber fast right hander, below road level. Between Bartons jump, and Devils going towards Dixies. Well this is why rallying on Epynt hangs by a thread.
    I know the corner, first time I went to Epynt we saw a VW Beetle slide straight on at that corner...think the co-driver broke an arm. There were quite a few in silly places yesterday, my old man made a comment about whether you should actually tell them that they are in a stupid place or not. The problem you have is that if you tell them and nothing happens then you look like an arse...but if you stay quiet and they get hurt then you're going to wish that you'd said something.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    I know the corner, first time I went to Epynt we saw a VW Beetle slide straight on at that corner...think the co-driver broke an arm. There were quite a few in silly places yesterday, my old man made a comment about whether you should actually tell them that they are in a stupid place or not. The problem you have is that if you tell them and nothing happens then you look like an arse...but if you stay quiet and they get hurt then you're going to wish that you'd said something.
    I rember the Beetle, was it not the worman codriver broke her leg. Held the stage up quite a while, and going in the oppiste direction.

Steve

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    A fantastic days Rallying, and the organisers even sorted out the weather....

Agree with some of the points raised; got there about 7:40, and expected to park at Dixies, on the grass verge were I normally park. Instead we were instructed to park on the road?????, when there were plenty of spaces at Dixies??.

As for some of the speccies; oh dear, having been told not to stand on the right hand side of the stage after a jump (Barton's, I think) None of them moved.....and some even lying in a ditch to take photos....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Loving the shot of Indri flying through the air!

Why/how can anyone take your comments seriously when you write with the skills of a 3 year old ?
    How can anyone take you seriously with a reply like that?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, granted, it's not the most clearly written post on the forum, but I think most people understand what is being said and the point being made is very valid. You should also consider that said poster looks to be from Wales, and therefore English might not be their first language! The forums exist for people to discuss motorsport, so let's do that and not nit-pick.

Why not tell us about how much you enjoyed the event? Which driver/car impressed you most?

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    Ok, granted, it's not the most clearly written post on the forum, but I think most people understand what is being said and the point being made is very valid. You should also consider that said poster looks to be from Wales, and therefore English might not be their first language! The forums exist for people to discuss motorsport, so let's do that and not nit-pick.

Why not tell us about how much you enjoyed the event? Which driver/car impressed you most?
    Haha Thanks
    Yes im Welsh, but English is my 1st langauge, although you would not think looking at that post. Maybe i was drunk. I dont know,but it was poorly writen.
    Never mind, after such a fantastic day on Epynt, i hope we can enjoy it for a long time to come

Steve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    Haha Thanks
    Yes im Welsh, but English is my 1st langauge, although you would not think looking at that post. Maybe i was drunk. I dont know,but it was poorly writen.
    Never mind, after such a fantastic day on Epynt, i hope we can enjoy it for a long time to come

Steve
    Glad you enjoyed the day .I can only watch events with envy via Youtube nowadays due to living in Canada,but I've competed there many times with a few trophies in the cabinet,it's got to be the best tarmac venue on the mainland.
    Nothing wrong with a couple of beers after a great days sport.

Glad you enjoyed the day .I can only watch events with envy via Youtube nowadays due to living in Canada,but I've competed there many times with a few trophies in the cabinet,it's got to be the best tarmac venue on the mainland.
    Nothing wrong with a couple of beers after a great days sport.
    Thanks
    Anyway my little video
    Tour of Epynt 2012 - YouTube

Steve