Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet-thread!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    That's impressive.

I've got a half-Persian long-haired moggie, Miisu. Had her for four years now, or maybe she has had me.

Attachment 2910
    Another cool cat!

I'd like a cat, but live too close to a main road
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Another cool cat!

Get an indoor cat. My cat never even wants to go out. She's just like Wikipedia says British shorthair cats are:

British Shorthair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

British Shorthairs are an easygoing breed of cat. They have a stable character and take well to being kept as indoor-only cats, making them ideal for apartment living. They are not terribly demanding of attention, though they will let their owner know if they feel like playing. They enjoy mouse type or stick style toys. They are not hyperactive cats, preferring to sit close to their owners rather than on them. They might supervise household activities from a comfortable perch or perhaps the floor.

British Shorthairs are wonderful cats for people who work, as they are very happy to simply laze around the house while their owner is out. They do not get destructive or need other animals for company, though they do enjoy having another British Shorthair or a cat with similar temperament around.

They like attention and enjoy being petted. They are not a very vocal breed but will meow to communicate with their owners, for example when they are hungry and their food is being prepared. They may also meow at their favourite toy as they play with it. British Shorthairs have a tendency to follow people from room to room, as they may want to be with their owner and see what is going on. Some do not mind being cuddled, but most prefer to keep four paws on the ground and be patted rather than picked up.

The breed has become a favourite of animal trainers because of its nature and intelligence, and in recent years these cats have appeared in Hollywood films and television commercials.[6] They can learn small tricks spontaneously.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have a nano fishtank with about 5 pigmy corys, 10 or so rasbora bigittae swimming around, some assassin snails, red cherry shrimp and two Armano shrimp called Shaun (the shrimp) and Spartacus (the shrimp).

My next door neighbour has a Chihuahua that is about to have puppies in about 2 weeks time. Must resist! Must resist!
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Henners, I know what you mean about not having the time to dedicate to a dog. I would love a dog but we just don't have the time as there is noone home during the day. Realistically, I don't think we can have one until we retire which won't be anytime soon. It won't stop me whining about getting a chihuahua puppy went next doors dog has her puppies though. Fish tanks are no fun.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Another cool cat!

What Eki said.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    That's impressive.

I've got a half-Persian long-haired moggie, Miisu. Had her for four years now, or maybe she has had me.

Attachment 2910
    I think I'm the only one thats not impressed. There will be no nookie tonight if she reads this though...

shhhhhh!
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Not a massive fan of pets but don't have any spare time so doesn't really bother me. I think when I was around 7-8 was out with a friend and had a proper fright when a massive fierce.alsatian jumped out at us and always been suspicious of dogs since and will sometimes even cross the road when walking along to avoid! Must be subconscious like. Don't mind Pino's dogs though I am allergic to cats and avoid like the plague!!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Two lovely dogs (ital volpino) here: Lilly and Rolly
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    The stray dog that adopted me:

The four legged, 24 hour eating machines that occupy my land:

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl

My next door neighbour has a Chihuahua that is about to have puppies in about 2 weeks time. Must resist! Must resist!
    Chihuahua is not a dog, more like a failed rat.

As for me, I have quite the zoo - 2 st.bernards, 6(!!!) cats and a nice aquarium with some fish.
    "signature room for rent"