Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Frank is a legend and it is very sad to see him leaving. Most ital people and media have great respect for him
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    All things must pass and Frank has done his team proud. Time to hand over the reigns and good to see that the family involvement continues, although I'm yet to be convinced that Adam Parr is the right man to lead the team into the future but time will tell.

There seems to be a very well planned handover at Williams which should see the team be a part of F1 for a long time to come.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's probably the first step he's taken in a long time. :

F1 has gone from being an individual driven sport to a corporate roulette table anyway. It was fun when the likes of Jordan and Stoddart were around.. It was fun to hate some and love others.

Williams moving on is just another symbolic nail in the coffin.
    The Hakk will rule forever.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    One of the most sucessful team owners in Formula 1 history. Much respect. But I'll still never forgive him for firing Damon Hill!
    I agree. I will always have a soft spot for him, but his treatment for the drivers were not very nice. If you the recent interviews with Rubens, same happened again...
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I thought money (and also Prost) was more of Mansell's (personal) issue. Hill was left out, because Williams had decided already in as early as 1995 that Villeneuve and Frentzen should be the future of the team.

I'd say the Williams situation of late 1996 was similar to what Force India had last year. The driver, who had brought the best results to the team was left out, because the team believed that younger drivers have more long-term potential.
    Exactly, and probably Force India will start going down just like Williams went down after they fired Hill.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    In the case of Force India, I am not sure. I trust that the Hulk is not a worse driver than Adrian and Adrian complicated his situation, because he cut that Renault guy. I think that di Resta is better than Sutil. And Sutil can't really be compared with Hill, the champion who fought valiantly against the young and formidable Michael Schumacher - probably the best driver ever in his best form, ever.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    In the case of Force India, I am not sure. I trust that the Hulk is not a worse driver than Adrian and Adrian complicated his situation, because he cut that Renault guy. I think that di Resta is better than Sutil. And Sutil can't really be compared with Hill, the champion who fought valiantly against the young and formidable Michael Schumacher - probably the best driver ever in his best form, ever.
    Hill had a Newey-designed Williams which equaled things "a little bit". Actually he should've won more titles at Williams, just wasn't good enough.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Hill had a Newey-designed Williams which equaled things "a little bit". Actually he should've won more titles at Williams, just wasn't good enough.
    I consider it unfair to suggest that was the only reason. The small matters of Adelaide 1994 and alleged traction control spring to mind.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Exactly, and probably Force India will start going down just like Williams went down after they fired Hill.
    If Force India lost their Mercedes engine supply and had to use a lesser engine then they'd probably struggle, as Williams did when Renault withdrew at the end of 1997.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Yes, it was Newey designed but it was at a time when the FIA had "over-equlizes" their advantage. The suspension had been outlawed and there was a desire by Bernie and the new guard to promote Benetton and Schumacher to the fore in order to cash in on the lucrative German market.

The Williams ws "equalised" but the Benetton was allowed illegal competitive advantages (enter Fousto stage left )