Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get well soon Roberto Locatelli

You may know that Loca had a massive crash at Jerez on Saturday, it seems something went wrong on his bike and he thumped into a wall.

Some news here:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~0~id~145097.htm

Sounds horrific, to be honest, but fortunately there doesn't look to be any brain damage.

Let's hope for a complete and speedy recovery.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    yea i heard about this :-(. I wish him all the luck in the world for his recovery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    really terrible news. Could be a career ender.

get well soon
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw the crash on the local news yesterday ( the only time the 250's get a mention is when someone has a horrific crash ) It was a very strange one, he was riding in a staight line then suddenly and violently veered to the left and into a tyre barrier, was carnage from there.. Would have been travelling very fast aswell .. I wish him well, lets hope he gets back out there this year..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The news from Clinicamobile.
    http://www.ducati.com/clinica_mobile...34058&periodo=

The reason for the crash was that his foot Slipped off the Peg and he lost the control of the bike then.

Hope he gets well soon!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axxexs
    The news from Clinicamobile.
    http://www.ducati.com/clinica_mobile...34058&periodo=

The reason for the crash was that his foot Slipped off the Peg and he lost the control of the bike then.

Hope he gets well soon!!
    I've never read the Clinica Mobile website. And while I certainly don't want to make light of Roberto's situation I absolutely love these two lines from the news item.

A terrible, frightening impact, with the rider crashing from heroism right into the abyss of suffering.
    By climbing the enchanted mountain of motorcycling, he hopefully will manage to inhabit it as a hero by racing again at Mugello.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by axxexs
    This accident wasn't supposedly happening in normal condition, it looks a sudden locked brake or engine dysfunction, or Roberto feels like fainted right before the accident.

Get well soon Roberto

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    get well soon
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

His situation has improved somewhat - he's soon being brought out of the coma and they've operated on his ankle. There's no sign of brain damage, it appears. I believe he's been transferred to Italy today ready for the surgery on his facial injuries. It looks like a lengthy time off but much more positive than a couple of days ago.

Fair play to Dr Costa, those at Clinica Mobile and anyone else involved - they do a great job.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008