View Poll Results: Should Ferrari do more to promote young Italian drivers?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - They have a responsibility to do so

7 31.82%
  • No - They should get the best, regardless of nationality

15 68.18%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Maybe next Monte's idea is that every team must field at least one 'local' driver. :
    Each team to have a lower powered 3rd car promoting a local young driver, and we can have a two class field like endurance racing. :
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Exactly. Luca's customer car idea has always gone nowhere when he's raised it before, but now I suppose he can blame the FIA and other teams for the lack of Italians in F1 :
    Maybe next Monte's idea is that every team must field at least one 'local' driver.
    It doesn't take much for a Capo in the Anglo/Mafia to turn this story into an antagonistic rant. This thread started with your buddy Patrese talking about bringing Italians into F1, now you’re trashing Luca for having an opinion. I have news for you;
    Luca has a lot more to say about whom drives for Ferrari than a whole boat load of has beens.
    What a useless thread.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Looks like Ferrari should just go back to the Anglo-German team they were a few years ago, forget about trying to become more Italian, unless they want into the pizza business.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Looks like Ferrari should just go back to the Anglo-German team they were a few years ago, forget about trying to become more Italian, unless they want into the pizza business.
    To be honest, I hope they get more italian and keep stefano running the team for another 40 years. That way they are guaranteed to fail and let's be honest, we all enjoy that.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    To be honest, I hope they get more italian and keep stefano running the team for another 40 years. That way they are guaranteed to fail and let's be honest, we all enjoy that.
    You and a few more in here will enjoy it...not everyone as you wish btw why so much hate towards Ferrari and the italians ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    ...now you’re trashing Luca for having an opinion...
    To explain my in more detail.

Luca has been pushing the idea of customer cars for quite some time, and to date it has gone absolutely nowhere. He knows that, but his comments attempt to link the introduction of customer cars with the issue of the lack of Italians in F1 as if that's the solution.

Yes, I am criticising Luca for making a token gesture, as opposed to doing anything meaningful when it come to supporting Italian drivers. You may argue whether Ferrari should, or should not, do more which is why I started this thread having spoken to a former driver about this in some detail.

If you'd like to contribute rather more constructively you're more than welcome.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    You and a few more in here will enjoy it...not everyone as you wish btw why so much hate towards Ferrari and the italians ?
    Nothing to do with Ferrari as per se, but with the muppets that destroyed Ferrari as it was and as we loved it.
    Chief Muppet LdM felt that his power within the team has been usurped by Todt, Brawn and MS so he pushed out the best people in the team one by one.
    First he removed MS.
    Then as MS was leaving Brawn suddenly decided he wants a sabbatical.
    Then Todt was 'moved' to Ferrari global business and Stefano muppet was installed as boss of the team, other then inheriting the structure and the latest car supervised by MS, Brawn and Todt, dear Stefano did manage to throw away the WDC title for Massa with a truckload of stupid decisions on the pit wall.
    When Brawn was asked to come back he wanted the team principal role but he was not considered to be as good as dear Stefano. We all know who did go on to win the championships one season later.

Enough to not like the current bunch of Ferrari so called 'management'.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro