How about Honduras?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Ok then Argentina?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke

Does anybody here like mangos?
    I love fresh mangos although they’re not easy to find in my neck of the woods
    Visit us in mid to late April. Best time and best quality alphonso mangoes are waiting for you!

Although the largest cultivator of mangos, at close to 14 million tons annually ( ), India accounts for only about 5% of the world's exports of the tasty fruit, ranking it 5th in the share of global exports.
    Yeah, well we need our damn mangoes!
    already they are too pricey thanks to exports to the Gulf, we don't want any more exports to you gringos :

as to the question, I knew only about Mexico. (and those don't have anything on real alphonso from the Konkan coast - about 200 miles from where I live)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    I think you will Hawthorne IMO is the greatest American Author. BTW I saw the opera performed by The Mexico City Opera Company.
    Is he?!!!!?!?
    Wasn't sure yesterday but when I got home just checked my personal library. And found out I've read in the past another of his short stories: Dr. Heidegger's experiment. The kind of lecture I liked in my twenties. Anyway, lots of doctors in his work......

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    I also meant no offence. Women in the US are emancipated to the point that they (the ones I associate with) would consider that a back-handed compliment. I should know that other cultures would see it as an insult.
    Well, fair to say I'm not the kind who's "too led to the church" but at least you should have noticed the " " at the end of my post.
    Otherwise you should read that passage about Josephina Sanchez's real look.

Back to the mangos.....
    Don't think I ever tasted one but I remember some mango juice ( or was it compote? )tins that "decorated" our communist shops. I think the tins were chinese and since China is near India....

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Nope, although like India as Storm points out, the exports from the Mystery Country are largely to the gulf nations.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    If China is not, then ....Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Is he?!!!!?!?
    Wasn't sure yesterday but when I got home just checked my personal library. And found out I've read in the past another of his short stories: Dr. Heidegger's experiment. The kind of lecture I liked in my twenties. Anyway, lots of doctors in his work......

Well, fair to say I'm not the kind who's "too led to the church" but at least you should have noticed the " " at the end of my post.
    Otherwise you should read that passage about Josephina Sanchez's real look.

Back to the mangos.....
    Don't think I ever tasted one but I remember some mango juice ( or was it compote? )tins that "decorated" our communist shops. I think the tins were chinese and since China is near India....
    More to the point science, like in "The Birthmark" Science was a very romantic notion in the mid 19th century, that is if you understand the meaning of "romantic", (Poe played around with it quite a bit as well see; The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar/Edgar Allan Poe) but the vast majority of his work did not. "The Haunted Mind", "The Ambitious Guest", "The Hollow of the Three Hills", The House of the Seven Gables, The Blithedale Romance, nor his most highly acclaimed novel "The Scarlet Letter" has as prominent to the story doctors, or science. Much of his work was affected by the fact that his great great great grandfather was a judge at the Salem witch trials. He is remembered for ordering the whipping of Ann Coleman, Both in "Main Street" and in "The Custom House" Hawthorne refers to this ancestor as a persecutor of Quakers, and he is referred to indirectly in "Young Goodman Brown." and this abomination is a prominent theme in "The House of the Seven Gables". Not that I am an authority, but I did major in English Lit, with my area of specialization being "The American Romantics" Among other things Hawthorne is revered for his unmatched use of allegory in his narratives
    Did you read the story you printed? I'd prefer to wait until you have before we discuss him any further.
    Also I stated IMO when referring to him as the greatest American Author. I'm sure many if not most scholars do not

Let’s try Viet Nam for the Salami, and all expense paid fly-in Muskie fishing trip in Northeastern Ontario

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Nope.

See posts no.s 1056 & 1058 for a hint.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Afghanistan?

How about D.R. Congo?