Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Hamilton's possible exit from F1? Well, if he has a similar mindset as Montoya, then anything is possible. But certainly too early to discuss about that.

If Vettel wins the title this year, it would be a special achievement. By this I mean that in the history of F1 only two drivers have managed to win the WDC for at least three times in a row: Fangio and Schumacher.

The "problem" with Vettel especially from Bernie's point of view is that he isn't a particularly controversial personality (just smiling a lot) nor has he managed to attract a huge fanbase to him. I think current Top4 is Schumacher, Räikkönen, Hamilton and Alonso in terms of the amount of fans.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi? You sure?

Would have thought Jens has more followers.

Edit

Just found this. I don't know the make-up of F1fanatics fan base but some interesting stats here.

2012 F1 season: Most popular F1 drivers and teamsF1 Fanatic

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm talking about global fanbase. A poll that has Button and Hamilton ahead, is largely influenced by British voters.

I found one example about the popularity of drivers among global audience: Schumacher followed by Alonso and Räikkönen (at that moment a non-F1 driver!)
    F1: FOTA survey shows Schumacher most famous F1 driver | News | Motorsport.com

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Hamilton's possible exit from F1? Well, if he has a similar mindset as Montoya, then anything is possible. But certainly too early to discuss about that.
    Bernie was referring to the possibility of him leaving McLaren. The "end of [his] career in F1" and "turning his back on the sport" nonsense is just the usual crash.net BS.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Afraid that survey is a bit misleading. For a start it relates to 12 months ago when Kimi had recently left F1 to go to WRC and secondly it's not about popularity at all. It specifically asks and refers to the most Famous F1 driver. Shumy was named as the best known F1 driver which is hardly surprising.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Bernie was referring to the possibility of him leaving McLaren. The "end of [his] career in F1" and "turning his back on the sport" nonsense is just the usual crash.net BS.
    Crash and Bernie. Match made in heaven.

When Bernie opens his gob, it's usually rhetoric or sensationalism but when you marry that to Crash, gawd help us

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    One day,
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

When Bernie opens his gob
    , all that will appear will be cobwebs.......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.