Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Toyota looked promising in 2005.
    Indianapolis maybe......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Indianapolis maybe......
    Well, they finished 4th in WCC with 5 podiums and 88 points compared to measly 9 they had achieved the year before. Certainly a reason for optimism at that time! If anything, 2005 was above anyone's expectations.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, they finished 4th in WCC with 5 podiums and 88 points compared to measly 9 they had achieved the year before. Certainly a reason for optimism at that time! If anything, 2005 was above anyone's expectations.
    And do you know why? Because they were not on the Bridgestones............ They were the 4th best team on the Michelins, and as the 'stones were about as good as liquorice that year, 5th is where they finished.

And do you know why? Because they were not on the Bridgestones............ They were the 4th best team on the Michelins, and as the 'stones were about as good as liquorice that year, 5th is where they finished.
    ??

In 2005 only three teams were on Bridgestones - Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. Ferrari was the only team that was even remotely competitive regardless of tyres. And Ferrari finished above Toyota in WCC anyway, which makes Toyota 3rd best team on Michelins.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    ??

In 2005 only three teams were on Bridgestones - Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. Ferrari was the only team that was even remotely competitive regardless of tyres. And Ferrari finished above Toyota in WCC anyway, which makes Toyota 3rd best team on Michelins.
    If they finished 5th in WCC, and were behind Ferrari (only team on 'stones above them), it makes them 4th best Michelin shod team, shirley?

If they finished 5th in WCC, and were behind Ferrari (only team on 'stones above them), it makes them 4th best Michelin shod team, shirley?
    1st Renault 191 pts
    2nd McLaren 182 pts
    3rd Ferrari 100 pts
    4th Toyota 88 pts

I don't know, why you have suddenly started talking about 5th place.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    1st Renault 191 pts
    2nd McLaren 182 pts
    3rd Ferrari 100 pts
    4th Toyota 88 pts

I don't know, why you have suddenly started talking about 5th place.
    Just ignore me Jens - my wife always does!!!!

In fact, I have no idea what I am on about.........

Quite right, 3rd best Mich runner, 4th in the WCC.

I'm going back to my hovel now!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Realistically, what can we expect from Kovalainen and Petrov this year? Any hope there will be regular points finishes?
    Certainly finishing the season with zero points cannot be an option. I'd say their targets must be to get through to Q2 more often than not, and for both drivers to bag some minor points. They're still a really new team, built from scratch, so it would be unfair to expect miracles; but they certainly need to make some progression.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    I always have a soft spot for Trulli. He's some what like an enigma like Kimi. You'll never know what you'll get out of him. I recalled he mentioned that he didn't really get the respect he deserved in Renault and I can appreciate why he stayed in Toyota even though if there was a potential offer from Ferrari. For sure he'll win more races had he joined Ferrari, but I think he had his best times in Toyota until the team suddenly called a day. His performance in team Tony was at best average but he handled his departure like a real gentleman. There are other forms of motorsports besides Formula 1; he may do well in FIA GT, Le Mans Series or DTM. Thank you Jarno and all the best!
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!