Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    haha, thats a great topic never noticed that really...i hope some day a german driver will win a wrc event

Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Correcting 2284 days (forgot time difference )
    I never noticed that but it's really depressing...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I never noticed that but it's really depressing...
    I don't find it particularly depressing. Finland has always produced great rally drivers and then there's the phenomenon that is Loeb. That pretty much explains it.

What I find more depressing is that noone but Loeb has won the championship for 8 years...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    I know, but Dungannon lays in a district from Ulster and Ulster is in Ireland...
    Geopolitical seminar #1
    a)The collection of islands comprising Great Britain, Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Anglesey, the Isle of Wight, The Hebrides, the Shetlands and the Scillies are collectively known as the British Isles
    b)The country which comprises England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all the above mentioned islands is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its citizens have the nationality 'British' written on their official documents (despite what they call themselves when supporting Rugby or Soccer teams).
    c) Non- republican citizens of Northern Ireland call themselves 'Ulstermen' not Irish and vice versa
    d) Hence Kris Meeke is British and an Ulsterman while Eddie Irvine is British and Irish
    e) A citizen of the Irish Republic (Eire) is only ever Irish
    So:
    Meeke is British
    Breen is Irish
    Matthew Wilson is a Norvern Monkey (The greatest division is between North and South England because those jokers up North got all the forests for rallying!!! - among other things)
    Here endeth the the lesson, not that I expect someone from an artificially created buffer zone between France and Germany to understand ;-)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    And I'm not from Holland but still Dutch. Try and work that one out.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    And I'm not from Holland but still Dutch. Try and work that one out.
    In this cold weather I thought you were all Friesian ;-)

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    In this cold weather I thought you were all Friesian ;-)
    Haha! True, the 'elfstedentocht' news dominated the whole country last week.

On topic: Didn't realise it, but it is quite remarkable. But F1 had a bloke who made shoes for a living winning everthing too not so long ago!
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Looking at the facts, it's about the first two WRC nations in terms of wins and championships, Finland being a tad ahead.
    And also a bit related to the best WRC Manufacturer of the last twelve years : PSA, an almost fully one family/nation owned company.
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Geopolitical seminar #1
    a)The collection of islands comprising Great Britain, Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Anglesey, the Isle of Wight, The Hebrides, the Shetlands and the Scillies are collectively known as the British Isles
    b)The country which comprises England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all the above mentioned islands is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its citizens have the nationality 'British' written on their official documents (despite what they call themselves when supporting Rugby or Soccer teams).
    c) Non- republican citizens of Northern Ireland call themselves 'Ulstermen' not Irish and vice versa
    d) Hence Kris Meeke is British and an Ulsterman while Eddie Irvine is British and Irish
    e) A citizen of the Irish Republic (Eire) is only ever Irish
    So:
    Meeke is British
    Breen is Irish
    Matthew Wilson is a Norvern Monkey (The greatest division is between North and South England because those jokers up North got all the forests for rallying!!! - among other things)
    Here endeth the the lesson, not that I expect someone from an artificially created buffer zone between France and Germany to understand ;-)
    Thanks for this lesson, but it is still very difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Sorry for the mistake about Breen... Great-Britain and Ireland, a bit difficult to understand with all those regions, thanks for your explanation, Mintexmemory.
    As an Englishman no apology necessary. You will find that many Ulstermen will be rooting for Breen even though he is from a country that only recently dropped its claim to re-unification under the rule of the Republic. Nationality is a very real issue between the people of Ulster and Eire that not many Welsh, English and Scots even understand.