Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read the Alan Carr book and it's something I recommend to any smoker. It won't make you give up but it will allow you to understand why you smoke and the power of the mental addiction. That was about 10 years ago and was the start of a long journey for me that has finally ended.

Anyone that wants to give up smoking will give up. It may not happen the first time but it will happen. Just never give up giving up!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey there forumites.

I quit last summer, and it was all going very well, then just a week before christmas, life went spectacularly wrong, and I fell off the wagon quite badly (well, back to a couple a day) I was in Italy last week, then decided to quit while there, and had my last one at the top of a black run (Pista Giorgio Rocca) its early days at the moment, and I've been feeling it somewhat this afternoon (first day at work).

That is all.
    Adventure without risk is Disneyland.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Knee

Stick with it buddy. If you feel tempted, get a Titan starter kit from TECC. They are normally half price at £12.50 and just keep one handy. you may never use it but if you fancy a fag, it's a great substitute and isn't going back to smoking.

2 months in nearly and you wouldn't believe the crap I'm coughing up. I NEVER want to go through this again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I stoped 8 months ago, I tried the gum but it was so nasty I stopped after 5 pieces and just quit cold turkey. Key is actually wanting to stop and not juct giving up because someone has nagged or guilted you into it.

In my opinion quit smoking is a very difficult task....I also smoke regularly but want to quit and i have also tried for that but cannot get success....If anyone of you have any kind of new idea then please do suggest me.I will be waiting for that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that electronic cigarette could help you. Must important is that you will evade all toxins that normal cigarettes got, and after some time normal cigarettes will be disgusting for you. I hope i helped

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That must have been one of the quickest 'likes' in Forum history. Just 4 posts

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    e-cigs are a con though, at least in Germany
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    e-cigs are a con though, at least in Germany
    Sorry Donks, can you elaborate a bit.

I would have thought they were the same wherever you purchased them in Europe.

The results from people I know that have used them in the UK has been very positive.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    E-Zigarette unter Feuer: Bundesregierung stuft E-Glimmstängel als Arznei ein - Gesundheit | STERN.DE

As they contain nicotine they are clasified as "Arzneimittel" (medicine / drug), which means they fall under the "Arzneimittelgesetz", which I guess means you need a special license to import/sell them, which most resellers don't have.
    As for their consumption they are now treated as normal cigarrettes, meaning you can't "smoke" them in non-smoking areas etc.
    They are also seen as a ploy to get young people into smoking.
    Some states have gone so far as to ban them.
    And they can explode in your face
    United in diversity !!!