I have asked why this post of mine was deleted and why the one from Airshifter was not.

Judge for yourselves. Is there bias. In my opinion there is blatant bias and the moderator should not interfere especially when eliminates posts that contradict his argument and that of others , but leave the one which I responded to there.

Join Date Sep 2001Posts 4,361
aper: I am deleting your last post.
The reason is that the whole line you are going down is completely unrelated to the thread topic. Others have tried to get the thread back on topic (yes, I'm as guilty as you) so let's let them do so.

I have copied your last post and Airshifter's post which you responded to below. That way you may use it to start a new thread without having to re write everything. Please understand that this is in no way an action against you. I am simply putting the thread back on track and giving you the opportunity to continue this part in another thread if you would like to do so.

Originally Posted by airshifter
It has been customary on this site and many others for moderators to be active members of the forum. They can easily follow the rules and enforce rules among the others and still have an opinion. As for Mark, you asked who watches the moderators. As far as I know Mark appoints all moderators, and would act if any of them weren't being unbiased and fair in their actions.

As for your "unfounded and libelous" statement, I found the same thing and asked that you justify your statements that started the thread with some type of source or evidence. You have yet to do so. Rather than reply to my points you seem to have intentionally avoided or otherwise tried to sidestep them while promoting another agenda.

I can agree that topics often get derailed. That's life on the forums. It seems that if a topic is "derailed" by a point of view most don't agree with they get offended, but if they agree with the general point of view of the "derailment" it isn't something that bothers people. Either we can expect the forum as a whole to stay on topic, or we can ignore all attempts at derailing the topic. More often than not people join in on the redirection.
Instead of being so defamed and utterly debased by the opinion of another you then proceed to erroneously state an untruth that your question was not answered.
Where was the question? However, I did supply you with facts and will do so again. I believe it was post 64.
I presume you know who the CDC in the USA is, the AMA, the FBI and many other organizations.

On average, guns kill or wound 276 people every day in America. Of those, 75 adults and 9 children will die. In the US there are more than 30,000 deaths and over 100,000 injuries related to gun violence each year. Incredibly more children die or are injured by guns each year in the US than in all twenty-six industrialized nations combined.
The health care and economic costs of gun violence in the US are equally staggering. According to the Public Services Research Institute in 2008, firearm homicide and assault cost federal, state and local governments $4.7 billion annually including costs for medical care, mental health, emergency transport, police, criminal justice and lost taxes. They also state that when lost productivity, lost quality of life, and pain and suffering are added to medical costs, estimates of the annual cost of firearm violence range from $20 billion to $100 billion. According to the National Center for Disease Control, the cost of firearm fatalities is the highest of any injury-related death. In fact, the average cost of a gunshot related death is $33,000, while gun-related injuries total over $300,000 for each occurrence

Why was mypost deleted and the one Airshifter wrote still remain????? Is this a forum of opinions or a "watch what you say if I don't agree with you"