Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I didn't say they achieved anything yet but they appear to be trying to build some kind of proper team as opposed to the last couple of years where they have outsourced almost everything. Also taking PDLR instead of a pay driver is a promising sign even if he isn't the fastest guy out there.
    Whereas I believe that PdlR is somewhat underrated - he's obviously not a top drawer driver, but neither is he a slow one -, I don't think this is a promising sign. A Spanish team signing a Spanish driver? Not quite impresive IMHO. I'd have agreed with you, though, if they had gone for Fisichella -probably faster than Pedro, but obviously not a top driver either- or someone like that.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I didn't say they achieved anything yet but they appear to be trying to build some kind of proper team as opposed to the last couple of years where they have outsourced almost everything.
    They're still outsourcing everything. The monocoques are going to be made in Germany and Austria by the same company that makes the carbon tubs for the McLaren MP4-12C. HRT don't even have a proper base with their premises in Valencia being a couple of warehouses. The cars may be ready but they'll have difficulty getting a team together now they've lost Kolles.

Ultimately HRT was founded on misguided assumptions and none of their subsequent owners have managed to find a way of making the project sustainable.

Neither of the Carlos Slims (father or son) will look at HRT, they're in bed with Sauber which will always be the more attractive prospect if they want to actually buy a team.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Will they contest the 2012 season. It seems there have been issues with crash tests....?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.