Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You've summed it up there

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bt52b
    For me Colin & Becs brought the WRC alive, they had all the passion and drama that's missing from the TV. Hope they can get back on the air soon.
    I couldnt agree more

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bretddog
    Radio is radio, and you need a bit different people than on tv, specially for these long broadcasts. You need more personalities and people who like and are able to talk continuously. They need more intimacy, both with the athletes, and with the fans/listeners. And they do need humor. Also the sarcasm within the radio team I think is a great color. This type of continuous radio is alot about killing time, as it's impossible to fill such hours with hard content. You just can't have people who lack creativity and get lost for words. That will kill it in a second.

Colin is just a rarity in so many ways, you will not get alike, and also with a great knowledge about drivers, co-drivers and their rally history. Not to forget his enthusiasm and the hard effort made to actually reach all the stage ends he manages to do. Those who have been on a rally knows this is not always too easy. I'd like to see other reporters match even that performance.

I think they do a great job, and for us to be able to listen to splits without having to burn our eyes to the website all the time is important. As well as Becs giving instant info on what happens on the tracking system etc.

You can't like every single comment. Take what is good, and ignore the rest. You say Colin almost being attacked by a bear didn't make you laugh? Or when he felt a few rain-drops Becs suggested "maybe someone was spitting on him"? We need this bit of quality nonsense I think to keep it alive through a whole weekend.
    +100
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Sucks, I might just at the end of each day just see how the results are.. WRR night listen to see how it is first day and then after the event, check what's avail online to watch from WRC coverage.... I'm not excited as I was with monte...
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking forwards to IRC.... this is just stupid!!

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Based on what I've heard during this morning WRR with new voices are doing a good job IMO.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    I also think it was a good job. They're Mark James at the studio and Chris Rames and Neil Cloughley at the stages.
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Not bad, but still miss the old team with 'crazy' Colin and Becs' food stories and so on.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark James! Can we please have him back as the TV voice over? Would be such an improvement.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Colin and Guru found something to do.

Motorstv twitter
    "Voiceofrally aka Colin Clark, and the Guru aka Julian Porter to voice Motors TV shows from Sweden starting friday 22.30 ! Pretty PROUD !!!"