Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Rally radio will be on air, just playing crapy music, as is often the case

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't fkin believe what I read....

Please send your hate-email and sms to these contacts:
    'glenn@rallysweden.com'; 'mailbox@rallysweden.com'; 'andreas@rallysweden.com'; 'jonas@rallysweden.com'
    +46 (0)76-767 70 72, +46 (0)70-530 24 30
    Contact « Rally Sweden

Assuming they are responsible as holder of the production rights.. And if not at least they are in the information loop.

I understand a couple of core geeks want only to hear engine sounds all day, but I happen to love the WRR, despite it's 30% comedy show, and 30% cuddling instead of journalism. But it does create an atmosphere I believe appeals well to a broad fan base. Hearing the struggles of how to get between the stages and description of fans and surroundings, gives you a bit of a the true feeling of being out spectating. Which is something people may not think consciously about, but give us some other reporters, and I think you will miss what we had. No TV-production, unless live through all stages, can ever replace the radio, and not even then. You just can't beat live on-site reporting, period.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    ..and you love bullshyts like in Sardinia for "the mighty british Mini which have not only one but two exhausts!" ?

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bretddog
    I can't fkin believe what I read....

Please send your hate-email and sms to these contacts:
    'glenn@rallysweden.com'; 'mailbox@rallysweden.com'; 'andreas@rallysweden.com'; 'jonas@rallysweden.com'
    +46 (0)76-767 70 72, +46 (0)70-530 24 30
    Contact « Rally Sweden

Assuming they are responsible as holder of the production rights.. And if not at least they are in the information loop.

I understand a couple of core geeks want only to hear engine sounds all day, but I happen to love the WRR, despite it's 30% comedy show, and 30% cuddling instead of journalism. But it does create an atmosphere I believe appeals well to a broad fan base. Hearing the struggles of how to get between the stages and description of fans and surroundings, gives you a bit of a the true feeling of being out spectating. Which is something people may not think consciously about, but give us some other reporters, and I think you will miss what we had. No TV-production, unless live through all stages, can ever replace the radio, and not even then. You just can't beat live on-site reporting, period.
    For me Colin & Becs brought the WRC alive, they had all the passion and drama that's missing from the TV. Hope they can get back on the air soon.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    ..and you love bullshyts like in Sardinia for "the mighty british Mini which have not only one but two exhausts!" ?
    this kind of bulls**** (in ur view, i like it) is what gave colin that amazing character that is so missed from the wrc media coverage. definitely wrc is poorer without wrr, hope they will be back soon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sad news indeed, but we (I) don't know full story and before firing off mails to rally Sweden, Both Colin and Becs have been removed from the http://www.worldrallyradio.com presenters bit - so perhaps they have jumped ship and trying to do another radio/tv thing away from Crown House Media and CHM are not letting them? - just a thought.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    What becomes the matter of TV-broadcasting, everyone should be comfort it will be good. No problems with that.

More problems why WRR not could let Colin and Becs go into the aair on RS.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc_flipper
    Sad news indeed, but we (I) don't know full story and before firing off mails to rally Sweden, Both Colin and Becs have been removed from the http://www.worldrallyradio.com presenters bit - so perhaps they have jumped ship and trying to do another radio/tv thing away from Crown House Media and CHM are not letting them? - just a thought.
    Is this the reason Colin, or other matters. Can you pls tell us the real reason for why you can not send from Sweden ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very disappointing......hope to hear Colin and Becs again soon

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Radio is radio, and you need a bit different people than on tv, specially for these long broadcasts. You need more personalities and people who like and are able to talk continuously. They need more intimacy, both with the athletes, and with the fans/listeners. And they do need humor. Also the sarcasm within the radio team I think is a great color. This type of continuous radio is alot about killing time, as it's impossible to fill such hours with hard content. You just can't have people who lack creativity and get lost for words. That will kill it in a second.

Colin is just a rarity in so many ways, you will not get alike, and also with a great knowledge about drivers, co-drivers and their rally history. Not to forget his enthusiasm and the hard effort made to actually reach all the stage ends he manages to do. Those who have been on a rally knows this is not always too easy. I'd like to see other reporters match even that performance.

I think they do a great job, and for us to be able to listen to splits without having to burn our eyes to the website all the time is important. As well as Becs giving instant info on what happens on the tracking system etc.

You can't like every single comment. Take what is good, and ignore the rest. You say Colin almost being attacked by a bear didn't make you laugh? Or when he felt a few rain-drops Becs suggested "maybe someone was spitting on him"? We need this bit of quality nonsense I think to keep it alive through a whole weekend.