Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Live streaming was the future and now its here. No young person is going to want or accept just radio coverage of a sport.

Having both for a while would be nice for exising fans but its clearly not econonically viable.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    There is a difference between radio & TV, and needs a different style of commentary; using the sound from visual pictures will not work. They think they know best - they don't!
    So let's assume a driver has a puncture or goes off. In WRC Radio we could only see that he stopped on the map or the split is missing. Now in the All Live audio stream we should be able to get a description of what happened, and I think this is an improvement. Of course, some people would rather listen to Colin Clark and Becs speculating and having chit chat.

3. Likes: pantealex (28th April 2018),sonnybobiche (11th May 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So let's assume a driver has a puncture or goes off. In WRC Radio we could only see that he stopped on the map or the split is missing. Now in the All Live audio stream we should be able to get a description of what happened, and I think this is an improvement. Of course, some people would rather listen to Colin Clark and Becs speculating and having chit chat.
    Problem is now the WRC TV crew have images to work with. Since their main focus are the viewers they don't need to describe what's happening exactly because, in theory, whoever listens to them also sees what they see. it would be useless to them to describe what's happening.

I quite liked the radio, and when the news came around that someone had stopped and their reason was unclear those were tense moments.

5. Likes: Sulland (28th April 2018)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    anybody see in the internet that mash-up with funny quote from rally radio that they stream a last day of Corsica? They should upload that file, but I couldn't find them

7. Likes: GigiGalliNo1 (10th May 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I listened to the ERC Radio for Rally Canarias and still enjoyed it.

As has been said it's a totally different medium and with its own advantages...

9. Likes: m-ast (7th May 2018),PLuto (7th May 2018)