Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Top Gear

Richard Hammond did a good piece on NASCAR during Top Gear last night (5th February 2012). It's the first item on the programme and should be on iPlayer if you are in the UK, and I'm sure there are other means of obtaining it if you are not!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    That was utterly brilliant.

Hammond driving a Ford Coupe like Tim Flock and Fireball Roberts used to drive.

I loved how intimidating driving the pace car can be. It was captured so well as its often said by guest drivers so many times how intimidating it is.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    A check of BBC America reveals that Season 18 will premier here in the US on April 16. It mentions Richard Hammond at Nascar in the teaser. Which episode is it?
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is taken from UK BBC website.

Top Gear - Series 18
    - Episode 2

Motoring show. Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in Texas to immerse himself in the surprisingly interesting world of NASCAR racing.

Plus, the Mercedes SLS Roadster makes an enormous amount of noise and smoke on the test track, and Matt Le Blanc is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Think they did a good job of it. I was expecting it to be a micky take of NASCAR instead they showed what a competive and succesful series it is. Really enjoyed it. Some big names involved too.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Buddy
    This is taken from UK BBC website.

Top Gear - Series 18
    - Episode 2

Motoring show. Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in Texas to immerse himself in the surprisingly interesting world of NASCAR racing.

Plus, the Mercedes SLS Roadster makes an enormous amount of noise and smoke on the test track, and Matt Le Blanc is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.
    Thanks for this info. I'm looking forward to it. And Matt Leblanc??? Why is he on it? It's been a few years since I've really heard him mentioned here in the US. Is he working on British TV now?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    He did a British (but set in America) comedy series last year called 'Episodes' and is currently in the UK filming Series 2.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is mainly due to Hammond's visit to NASCAR I am not into it.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Think they did a good job of it. I was expecting it to be a micky take of NASCAR instead they showed what a competive and succesful series it is. Really enjoyed it. Some big names involved too.
    Did you see the America/Xmas special? They took supercars round North Wilksboro Speedway.

Is Clarkson a closet NASCAR fan?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    It is mainly due to Hammond's visit to NASCAR I am not into it.
    Explain?

I thought he did a decent job of showing the sport to those who know nothing of the sport and maybe changing the minds of the narrow minded, who think its just flat out foot to the floor for hundreds of laps