Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

Having been to Helsinki not that long ago, well, it sure doesn't look like that. The amount of obvious immigrants I saw was just astounding.
    What kind of amount do you find astounding? And how do you tell immigrants apart from foreign students and tourists?

About 7% of the inhabitants of Helsinki are foreign born. Of the whole population of Finland about 3% are foreign born. The biggest foreigner groups are Russians, Estonians and Swedes.

There are about 5500 Somalians in the whole Finland (about 0.1% of the population). Even if they all lived in Helsinki, it would be only about 1% of the Helsinki residents.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    My, my,my Times magazine gives credit to Republicans for getting it passed and that just grinds your political bias to the point you are saying you do not need the truth to continue foment hatred.

I will do what a little voice from internet heaven said and just move on.

Prattle on.
    Numbers numb-nuts, numbers, Times can say what ever they wanted to, but laws are not passed on what a magazines says, boy.
    Laws are passed by Representatives and Senators casting votes and the president signing them...

Back to 7th Grade Civics glass...Or did you drop out before that?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    What kind of amount do you find astounding? And how do you tell immigrants apart from foreign students and tourists?

About 7% of the inhabitants of Helsinki are foreign born. Of the whole population of Finland about 3% are foreign born. The biggest foreigner groups are Russians, Estonians and Swedes.

There are about 5500 Somalians in the whole Finland (about 0.1% of the population). Even if they all lived in Helsinki, it would be only about 1% of the Helsinki residents.

That's terrible! You're being overrun! All the Americans were right, it IS The Islamic Republic of Europe!

Have you guys thought about building a wall?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki

5500 somalis? LOL. I probably saw more somalis than that in my time there.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    5500 somalis? LOL. I probably saw more somalis than that in my time there.
    Most likely you didn't. You just felt that way. Most of them are unemployed and have time to hang around downtown Helsinki in places like the railroad station. If you happen to be in a place where they gather it may seem that they are more than they really are. In some other parts of Helsinki you wouldn't have seen any of them. You also probably saw the same somalis many times.
    I could really use a fish right now