Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rubens

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Would be most unusual to see him commit to a full season of IndyCar, considering his previous opinions on oval racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apparently the Indy 500 might be on now so theat would mean three races not being done on ovals. I wouldworry for him if he went to the US not because he might crash, but because he might get caught up in someone else's. Generally F1 drivers have taken well to ovals. They might not win straight off but they get there pretty quick. Ie Zanardi, JPM, Blundell, etc
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that touring cars would have been a safer and more sensible choice, but let him do what he enjoys...
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So is he definetly opting for Indy 500 now?
    I watched the Senna film again the other day, and to think Rubens has been in since way back then, and still was til very recently, it will be a shame to not see his name on the grid next year!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    So is he definetly opting for Indy 500 now?
    I watched the Senna film again the other day, and to think Rubens has been in since way back then, and still was til very recently, it will be a shame to not see his name on the grid next year!
    On the other hand 20 years should be enough for one driver who never really turned out to be the driver people thought in 93.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I like Rubens and have enjoyed watching his whole F1 career through the changing F1 landscape.

Good Luck to him, and I hope he does something he gets pleasure out of. If its Indy it would be cool, as I can still cheer him on.

Lets wait and see.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    On the other hand 20 years should be enough for one driver who never really turned out to be the driver people thought in 93.
    Well I know he never won a championship, but he was still a top driver. He was a driver who in Jordans and Stewarts outperformed team mates and expectations. i.e Monaco 97 as one example.

Then in a good car against one of the best he won 11 Races (+2 at Brawn) (Hope my maths is right).

Thats a pretty successful career to me.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apparently he only said what he did about ovals because he thought he would stay in F1 for even longer than 20 years meaning that IndyCar wouldn't still be a realistic option. Would be great to see him do a full season.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Well I know he never won a championship, but he was still a top driver. He was a driver who in Jordans and Stewarts outperformed team mates and expectations. i.e Monaco 97 as one example.

Then in a good car against one of the best he won 11 Races (+2 at Brawn) (Hope my maths is right).

Thats a pretty successful career to me.
    Well, 11 wins certainly means that a driver has had a pretty good F1 career and has been an influential driver for some time. And he had lots of impressive performances too.

But the argument now is whether he should have kept his place in F1. And I have to say that other than nostalgic/emotional aspects there is no good reason why should RB still be a definite part of F1.

In any case, an impressively long career. I have read that his F1 career could have come to an end already in 1996, when he was considering CART, but got an offer from Stewart.