Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I just wish Sky F1 was up and running, then I could watch some testing action. As with the snow hanging around, I might have a free day Tuesday
    As usual, lots of complaints about there being no video coverage of testing. Don't blame BBC, Sky or broadcasters, it's all down to FOM
    https://twitter.com/#!/f1fanatic_co_...04210338365440
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Ok, early days but straight to the top of the times and with a big margin (and with a driver who is out of practice) surely shows the Lotus is pretty decent out of the box?

The way Autosport are reporting it, it sounds as if Raikkonen has some of his flair and enthusiasm back too.
    Come on, it's the first day and no one has the slightest clue about fuel loads or how much drivers have pushed their cars. It would be rather pointless to try and draw any conclusions from the first hours of F1 testing in 2012.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Come on, it's the first day and no one has the slightest clue about fuel loads or how much drivers have pushed their cars. It would be rather pointless to try and draw any conclusions from the first hours of F1 testing in 2012.
    On second thoughts...

09:26 @eddstrawF1 also enjoying Raikkonen's comeback so far: "had a watch trackside around the final part of the track. Great to see Kimi leaning on the car. Took a bite of the grass with his front-left entering the pits, so on it on an in-lap. Great to see him back in an F1 car."

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    With all this talk of Lotus being up for sale etc, I guess they need sponsorship. Oldest trick in the book is to go quick - i.e. not loadsa fuel.

Mind you, it could well be the car to beat, but I doubt it!!!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    yes, yes. it must be said again

wish there was video!!!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I've said time and time again that testing and practice can't be used as much of a judge of true performance. But that's what people do here on the forum, try to draw conclusions from testing with very little information other than a raw time!

I know thse times mean little if anything, but in the case of Kimi I can't help but remain hopeful that the car is capable enough for him to at least challenge the forward part of the field. A lot of people here on the forum don't seem to think he is much of a driver and I'd like to see Kimi prove them wrong once again. He didn't post that many fast laps by being an average driver.

I'll say it now and make it clear. Regardless of where he finishes this season I'm very excited to see Kimi back in F1.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I've said time and time again that testing and practice can't be used as much of a judge of true performance. But that's what people do here on the forum, try to draw conclusions from testing with very little information other than a raw time!

I know thse times mean little if anything, but in the case of Kimi I can't help but remain hopeful that the car is capable enough for him to at least challenge the forward part of the field. A lot of people here on the forum don't seem to think he is much of a driver and I'd like to see Kimi prove them wrong once again. He didn't post that many fast laps by being an average driver.

I'll say it now and make it clear. Regardless of where he finishes this season I'm very excited to see Kimi back in F1.
    Some of Kimi's back to front of grid drives at McLaren were the stuff of heroes. I think Ferrari sucked the life out of him a bit.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    With all this talk of Lotus being up for sale etc, I guess they need sponsorship. Oldest trick in the book is to go quick - i.e. not loadsa fuel.

Mind you, it could well be the car to beat, but I doubt it!!!!
    Martin Whitmarsh said as much a few days ago, although obviously not talking about any team specifically:

Is there grandstanding and sandbagging? Yes. Do all of the teams do it? To varying degrees. We don’t go out of our way to grandstand, as we’ve got a long-term serious programme. We see it every year, a team that may be on the point of a new sponsorship deal appears to be very quick in some tests and then suddenly doesn’t look quite so quick, when it gets to the first race. It is so easy as the weight sensitivity of F1 cars is such that you can make a car artificially a second or two quicker if you need to.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    By the way, can I shamelessly plug the link in my signature (no money or advertising is involved)? I find it handy to have as a side window during sessions, and is quite handy during testing.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Daniel Ricciardo has the dubious honour of causing the first red flag of 2012, stopping on Jerez's main straight. FWIW he is currently 4th fastest.