Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess we can just wait, then you can see what I am talking about. I am in Italy and live very close to the Fiorano factory. I know several people who work there. They have already made the chassis, but have to undergo crash tests again, don't know if it will be ready for the first race, but everything else is the same.
    As far as the 25% downforce, maybe I didn't explain it too well. With the new positioning they reckon they can get 25% of what they could get with the blown diffuser, which would be enough to fix most of their problems.
    Domenicali also said that the car has a very good performance over a single lap, confirming the good overall design , but by changing the exhaust to the new configuration, the lost downforce at the rear made the car less balanced, but the car is still fast, unbalanced but fast. The problem remains with tyre wear.

For you guys to write off ferrari, and put predictions like 10th on the grid, or lower, is just lack of objectivity, or wishful thinking.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Hmm, good to have an insider on the forum. But it shall not be news that an F1 team is working really hard on solutions and improving the car. The real question is whether Ferrari's upgrades are better than the ones of other teams. I don't think Ferrari is 10th, but at the moment we can say so much that Ferrari is behind its key rivals (Red Bull and McLaren) and it is certainly not an easy task to catch them.

It is not ruled out that this concept of car can work well in the long-run. For example in 2013, when Ferrari rises to title contention. Reminds me, how Gordon Murray got 1986 Brabham wrong, but took his ideas to McLaren and won the title in 1988 dominantly.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CavallinoRampante
    I guess we can just wait, then you can see what I am talking about. I am in Italy and live very close to the Fiorano factory. I know several people who work there. They have already made the chassis, but have to undergo crash tests again, don't know if it will be ready for the first race, but everything else is the same.
    As far as the 25% downforce, maybe I didn't explain it too well. With the new positioning they reckon they can get 25% of what they could get with the blown diffuser, which would be enough to fix most of their problems.
    Domenicali also said that the car has a very good performance over a single lap, confirming the good overall design , but by changing the exhaust to the new configuration, the lost downforce at the rear made the car less balanced, but the car is still fast, unbalanced but fast. The problem remains with tyre wear.

For you guys to write off ferrari, and put predictions like 10th on the grid, or lower, is just lack of objectivity, or wishful thinking.
    But rival teams will be doing the same, they too will be trying to make gains for Melbourne.

The question is can Ferrari make huge gains?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    See, I have complete faith in this guy: File:Rorybyrne.jpg - Wikipedia

this year he's given more than a few advices on the new car....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The main problem remains the wind tunnel. It's still spitting out data that does not match to real life testing... that's where the exhaust placement problem originated from.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    When we look at the comments of Pat Fry etc, we have to consider that they had set a much higher goal this year, to be well ahead of the competition from the word go.
    This hasn't happened and to see other cars that are roughly at the same level, is viewed as a failure.
    If being "well ahead of the competition from the word go" was Ferrari's goal then it was an unrealistic one.

To expect Ferrari to jump well ahead of Red Bull (2011 - 650pts) and McLaren (497pts) from third (375pts) in the championship was never going to happen.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, based on their effort and budget spended they have the right to be disappointed if they worked towards that goal. This said, this year's ferrari won't be a midfield runner...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, based on their effort and budget spended they have the right to be disappointed if they worked towards that goal. This said, this year's ferrari won't be a midfield runner...
    Surely, the RRA, which I understand all teams (regardless of their participation in FOTA or not) are bound by, is legally enforceable and restricts the teams to a certain budget. One hopes that Ferrari are not just spending themselves out of a hole.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I still expect the Bulls to be the car to beat.chrisian Horner is saying everybody will be on par with them ,and Mark Webber,says in the Australian papers that the McLarens will be 30 seconds down the road,but when the 5 red lights go out on Sunday,i still expect the pack to be chasing the Bulls.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Yup, The sure thing in F1 is when these World Champions (Red Bull) are so sure they will be trailing it means they are likely to win the opener.

I can't wait......
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy