Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote from Breen, fairly play for his honesty: "There’s no point beating about the bush, they (IRC drivers) came here and beat us, fair and square. We has some problems on the event and I’d like to think things will be different next time.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think breen would have went better in his feista,talk from the test on the tuesday was he wasnt getting to grips with the car and was having set up issues,and then the fuel pump/lack of petrol in the car upset things big time and it wasnt untill the last few stages that he settled back down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrchirek
    It is interesting to compare top IRC times vs. Irish WRC times. I think this race was a big slap in the face for locals, wasn't is?
    dont know where your going with this slapstick comment hope your not trying to stir things now thats not nice,but as some one said allready darren gass was in a s10 eugeen donnelly was in a corolla kenny mckinstry a S8 while Magarrity ya in a Mini but he hasnt really been on the pace here in a while,also conditions were totally diffrent for the ITC lads i saw that first hand myself,often road conditions were diffrent to the IRC runners.

so its ok to cast oppions from a keyboard may miles away but theres more justice in an oppinon formed on first hand information.

the only man id reckon would have been near the pace would have been Tim McNulty but tim wasnt out then again he's a S12c and the newer car would be added performance plus he is the current Irish Tarmac Champion and Dunlop national champion

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto
    dont know where your going with this slapstick comment hope your not trying to stir things now thats not nice,but as some one said allready darren gass was in a s10 eugeen donnelly was in a corolla kenny mckinstry a S8 while Magarrity ya in a Mini but he hasnt really been on the pace here in a while,also conditions were totally diffrent for the ITC lads i saw that first hand myself,often road conditions were diffrent to the IRC runners.

so its ok to cast oppions from a keyboard may miles away but theres more justice in an oppinon formed on first hand information.

the only man id reckon would have been near the pace would have been Tim McNulty but tim wasnt out then again he's a S12c and the newer car would be added performance plus he is the current Irish Tarmac Champion and Dunlop national champion
    Sir, get down to Earth, even S10 if not in totally disasterous shape is faster car than any S2000 not speaking about Mini or Focus 07. The S10 has active diffs, hydraulic gearbox, at least 30 Hp more, 2,5x more torque, 30 km/h higher top speed. Such huge difference 1-3 s/km we saw in CoI can't be explained just by road position. It was sure mostly down to driving skills and the risk works drivers can afford to take. Yes, the condition weren't same but also not always worse for national drivers, sometimes it was drying out or even it was same for all. It's normal the professionals are on different level than national drivers, get use to it.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Excellent comments by Mirek. Some guys just don't understand the word "professionals".
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont know why pinto is getting so annoyed, the Irish drivers were not on the pace, ok maybe some roads were dirtier but there was not 120 cars in the international either. Plus Irish cars are WRC cars, one of them was even a Mini.

Craig was not as quick as I hoped even in the Peugeot 12. He inherited victory in Monte Carlo, I feel he must now take outright victory using pure speed alone this year to continue.

My advice is not to take it so personaly. It would be like American person coming onto the forum telling us Ken Block lost time against Loeb due to road position or his car had 10bhp less and so on.

Not every person in every country can be the best at rally. Juho from Finland came to Ireland and beat everyone with little mistakes to make a victory on Tarmac. Well done to him. He show with SWRC wins last year on gravel and tarmac he is now full profesional driver.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Anybody have pictures of car #108, #126 and #145?

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira
    Anybody have pictures of car #108, #126 and #145?
    I haven't looked but you might find them on one of these sites:

Latest Events - Graham Chambers Photography

Circuit of Ireland IRC 2012 - a set on Flickr

Circuit of Ireland 2012

Gallery

IRC Circuit of Ireland 05_07.04.12

Circuit of Ireland IRC Rally 2012

Circuit of Ireland Rally 2012 IRC - a set on Flickr

IRC Circuit Of Ireland Rally 2012

Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland 2012

Circuit of Ireland 2012

Should keep you busy for a few weeks.... But some fantastic images in that list.

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Sir, get down to Earth, even S10 if not in totally disasterous shape is faster car than any S2000 not speaking about Mini or Focus 07. The S10 has active diffs, hydraulic gearbox, at least 30 Hp more, 2,5x more torque, 30 km/h higher top speed. Such huge difference 1-3 s/km we saw in CoI can't be explained just by road position. It was sure mostly down to driving skills and the risk works drivers can afford to take. Yes, the condition weren't same but also not always worse for national drivers, sometimes it was drying out or even it was same for all. It's normal the professionals are on different level than national drivers, get use to it.
    That's what I'm talking about, thank you Mirek.

When IRC comes to any country, I think it is a good mirror for the national championship's level.