Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is excellent news to have MG back in the championship.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    It did sound a bit like a British Touring Car Random Team Generator, especially with Triple 8 involved. Still, some welcome variety and the 6 is a nice looking car, whatever the reviews say (after all, road tests haven't been that kind to the Cruze. Or the new Civic...).

Chinese car? Maybe, but the Chevrolets were basically Daewoos (yes, even the Cruze) and they worked well enough as touring cars. Bottom line: a decent team, with the right driver(s), can turn almost anything into a good racing car. That colour scheme looks like it's not going to be easy to miss either...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow, good news, glad to see MG back (even though it's not really MG).

Hate the livery though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that the confirmed livery?? Either way you look at it the team looks strong..expect them to be off the pace maybe for the first few meetings but its a three year programme so a bit of stability for the series. Couldnt imagine BTCC without 888!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    it can't do anything but raise the profile of the brand back in the UK again, honestly, who here has actually seen one of these MG6's on the orads, despite the apparently favourable reviews i've read
    I saw one a few months back

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    It did sound a bit like a British Touring Car Random Team Generator, especially with Triple 8 involved. Still, some welcome variety and the 6 is a nice looking car, whatever the reviews say (after all, road tests haven't been that kind to the Cruze. Or the new Civic...).

Chinese car? Maybe, but the Chevrolets were basically Daewoos (yes, even the Cruze) and they worked well enough as touring cars. Bottom line: a decent team, with the right driver(s), can turn almost anything into a good racing car. That colour scheme looks like it's not going to be easy to miss either...
    The road test I read was very favourable, good handling, comfortable, well put togther, cheap, just not the most powerful (or frugal) petrol engine was a down side, along with no diesel option at the time
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    just not the most powerful (or frugal) petrol engine was a down side, along with no diesel option at the time
    That'll be why they're so rare.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the same as most people did. chinese owned = going to be a bad car but owning the MG ZS 180 as my daily run around i hat to try the MG6 just to see how bad it was and shockingly it wasnt bad at all.

I now own a MG6 Magnette saloon in silver and After owning it for the past 3months, i have to say, its a really nice car to drive. Don't believe everything you read. the 1.8i Engine is a very quick and a gutsy engine(133bhp) good for 0-60 in 8.4. you put your foot down and off it goes. its a smooth cruiser as well, which is great for motorway driving, one of the reasons i bought it and i had a 05 BMW 318i for my business car (Which the MG6 replaced). so now im a proud owner of the classic zs180 and now the modern and adorable MG6.
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow!!!

Big surprise and excellent news, as with a top driver and a top team we can be sure that this will be a serious attempt to win the championship. Just what the BTCC needs

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I'm a bit surprised they've gone for the TOCA turbo engine. It was often outpaced last year. But there's no denying that this is very good for the championship.