Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Yes you're right. What could I possibly know? Thanks for correcting me. Can you edit your second sentance - doesn't really make sense.
    Why do you bother posting your opinion if you are going to react like that when someone posts theirs?
    It makes no sense. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, I suggest you get off this forum, the internet, and society in general and yourself find a nice cave to hide in.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I agree with Robinho. It's not a bad decision considering Williams's other options. They are giving a young pilot a chance while still keeping the Brazilian sponsors interested. It's a good tradeoff. I would disagree about Williams only wanting to have drivers with good sponsors. It seems like they were interested in hiring Kimi Raikkonen. I am sure they would have considered someone like Webber or Massa, if only those or similar drivers were interested in moving to a team two tiers below their current team.
    I have to disagree... The only reason they wanted Kimi was because, I assume, the Qatar National Bank wanted a "top" driver...

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Williams's biggest downfall comes from the fact that they decided not to be a factory team. Every team that was doing well in the last 10 years, except for Brawn in 2009 and McLaren after Mercedes Benz divestment, was a factory team or a global brand corporate team (e.g. RedBull). It's very tough and unpredictable sport for the privateers.
    But look at other factory teams, Honda/Brawn nearly died, BMW/Sauber nearly didn't make it. Toyota is dead. Super Aguri...

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    All, it seems, Sir Frank cares about is being in F1 - even if it is financed by pay driver and at the back of the grid.
    I think it is safe to say that is very wide of the mark.

Senna is a good choice IMHO. He performed well in GP2, particularly given his relative lack of experience, and has done a good job in difficult & limited circumstances at HRT and Renault.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Williams has officially hit rock bottom

When they are so broke they can't sign an immensely more qualified driver in Sutil
    or retain an adequate Rubens, who at his advanced racing age is still much better than either pastor or Senna, then you know the end is near for this historic team

oh, and yes senna, they did sign you because of the money

As to sutil, this might be a blessing in disguise
    Mercedes, Ferrari, and Renault might have openings next year.
    rumors are the Sutil is a fudge packer - So sponsorship may be a problem trying to move in to a major team.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Senna is a good choice IMHO. He performed well in GP2, particularly given his relative lack of experience, and has done a good job in difficult & limited circumstances at HRT and Renault.
    I agree that, given the circumstances in which Williams finds itself, Senna was the best option of all the pay drivers. The whole team stands a forelone figure to the team that dominated so many championships. I will be surprised if William's isn't amongst the bottom 4 teams again this year with a measley 5 points to their name. There is the possibility that the changes they have implemented throughout the last year may prove fruitful and they will climb the pecking order again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

I agree. I think Senna deserves a proper drive in F1. But I don't think him being in a Williams has anything to do with his ability or lack thereof.
    There are many decent and experienced drivers who don't have a seat - Petrov and Sutil are about the same age - Sutil is vastly more experienced. (I do believe both have financial backing, but not as much compared to Senna).
    Both outgoing SRT drivers are much younger and more experienced.

There is no logical reason to pick Senna above these drivers other than the 14 million Euro he is brining in, which I might add is more than Maldonado is paying for his seat.

If my father had 30 million Euro change in his pocket, I'm sure I'd be driving for Williams next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I agree that, given the circumstances in which Williams finds itself, Senna was the best option of all the pay drivers.
    This concept of pay drivers is amusing. Alonso brings Santander to the party at Ferrari and no-one bats an eyelid. Senna brings Embratel to Williams and it's desperation on the part of the team to take a pay driver.

Ok, so Senna as a driver is not in the same bracket as Alonso but the fact remains that all teams need sponsorship. Some of it they generate themselves, some of it comes linked to a driver. Williams are no different to Ferrari in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    There are many decent and experienced drivers who don't have a seat - Petrov and Sutil are about the same age - Sutil is vastly more experienced. (I do believe both have financial backing, but not as much compared to Senna).
    Both outgoing SRT drivers are much younger and more experienced.
    Sutil's current legal situation is a barrier to anyone signing him, and is Petrov really a better option given his comparative performance alongside Senna? As for the former STR drivers, given that the Red Bull programme machine had assessed them for many years and rejected them what does that say to anyone looking to employ them?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    rumors are the Sutil is a fudge packer
    Really - I thought he was an F1 driver.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If we have to have 2 threads on this, here is my original post:

The preferred method is if there is a thread "Is something about to happen?", if it does happen to start a new thread "Something has happened" and close the speculation thread. Mostly because someone reading the thread titles on the forum won't see there's been a new development otherwise.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums