Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Senna has signed for Williams

Senna to Williams.

Bye, bye Rubens.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If we have to have 2 threads on this, here is my original post:

I beat ya to it Koz ner ner ner ner
    First, you beat me by less than a minute.
    When I went to the F1 lobby, I confused myself.

I need sleep.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´m curious, why are Williams competing in F1, when they not hire a driver with some good experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    I´m curious, why are Williams competing in F1, when they not hire a driver with some good experience?
    Well... It was always about producing the best car... They can't seem to do that these days, does it really matter who drives for them?
    All, it seems, Sir Frank cares about is being in F1 - even if it is financed by pay driver and at the back of the grid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some think Rubens would have been better. I'm not convinced. But even if he is better, he isn't that much better than compensate for $16 million in sponsorship. It's a good move and if you were a team owner responsible for the livelihood of hundreds, you'd have done the same.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Williams has officially hit rock bottom

When they are so broke they can't sign an immensely more qualified driver in Sutil
    or retain an adequate Rubens, who at his advanced racing age is still much better than either pastor or Senna, then you know the end is near for this historic team

oh, and yes senna, they did sign you because of the money

As to sutil, this might be a blessing in disguise
    Mercedes, Ferrari, and Renault might have openings next year.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    First of all, I wish to Bruno best of luck and good health! I hope that his career is revived as well as the team
    Formula 1

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Somehow I don't expect Williams to finish above P9 in WCC this year. Of course I shall not blame drivers for it, they are not that bad, but I don't expect any miracles either, when the going gets tough. Except perhaps some impressive qualifying runs.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Sutil could have been that driver with good experience, but he messed up with legal issues that could imprison him.
    Let's give Bruno another chance, HRT was a backmarker and LRGP was only partial to judge him that early. But Williams should have a better pack than 2011 one if both Bruno and Pastor would want to score points this year.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Sutil may well be going to jail, and even if he isn't its hardly good publicity. Rubens definately is not getting any quicker, he might say his motivation is still there, but I think he's given all he can give and in his time there so far hasn't moved the team forward.

Senna may not be the second coming, but his name means exposure, he does come with some money and he is a decent driver with a real chance of improving when given a proper pre season, testing and a safe seat. In the position they were in, I think only Sutil would have been a better driver option, but all the crap he is bringing negates a lot of that. However, this is Senna's last and only chance to prove he belongs. He has a proper chance in a half decent car for a whole season. I will judge him based on that, rather than the aborted previous seasons in a dog of a car and a part season in a rapidally declining car.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.