Page 68 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    So Malcolm definetely says about ''Mads issues that they have to work''
    just same as in Citroen days.
    Mads is blaming the car, Malcolm is blaming Mads,even comparing him with Tanak, a driver HE dropped in favour of Mads. It seems to me that the only person who thinks the Fiesta is any good, is Malcolm. There always seems to be another excuse, another tale of woe. At the end of it all,results are what matter, and all this consecutive points finish horseshit aside, there aren't any results to speak of.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    “Eric did exactly what was asked of him this weekend and he can return to Europe in a positive frame of mind. We need to remember that this is still only the ninth gravel rally of his career and he set some very encouraging times

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-new...h-in-argentina
    9th Gravel rally of his career and he is in a WRC car, most NZ drivers would be disappointed if they didn't do that many events in a year.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    As far as i know, or have heard, It is a major engineissue at Mads car, It was there in Mexico, but they isnt allowed to change the engine between Mexico and Argentina due too rules. So they knowed before the rally that they going to have less power. I don't know how less power, but it seems too be quite much.
    The team told Mats to don't speak about it in the intervjues, bad PR for car?
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

4. Likes: Rallyper (25th April 2016)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    but isnt it weird that the team and Malcolm know the problem is with the car but then they talk the driver down? They should find a different excuse then, the rally doesnt suit the car or whatever.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Even without any alleged engine problem I doubt the result would have been much different, the next car was nearly 4 minutes in front.

I suppose the Fiesta is probably the slowest World Rally Car now (not a criticsm, they are up against factory teams with mega budgets) but equally I think they could do better than this.

Mads is simply not number one driver material and Camilli is not even number two material. There is not much available on the drivers market at the moment but last year's lineup was better.

7. Likes: EstWRC (25th April 2016),WUff1 (25th April 2016)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    but isnt it weird that the team and Malcolm know the problem is with the car but then they talk the driver down?
    I guess the m-sport business depends on selling cars...

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Yeah, Mads was able to go faster than Ott only when Ott had three DMacks:P Camilli even didnt mach that on El Condor.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

10. Likes: eib1 (25th April 2016)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    As far as i know, or have heard, It is a major engineissue at Mads car, It was there in Mexico, but they isnt allowed to change the engine between Mexico and Argentina due too rules. So they knowed before the rally that they going to have less power. I don't know how less power, but it seems too be quite much.
    The team told Mats to don't speak about it in the intervjues, bad PR for car?
    Yapp, there it was. And I´m sure Skarderud has some inside info about the engine-issue. And speaking of speed, don´t forget he ran on Hard compound on Saturday while VW and Hyundais where on Softs. Why´s that, I have no idea.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    There just seems to be a general lack of pace from all M-Sport cars at the moment. Mads' consistency is bagging the points, but speed wise not much is going on. Can't help but feel it makes Tanak's Poland performance and Elfyn's Corsica performance in 2015 stand out more.

On the flip side, Hyundai have stepped up with a new car, whereas M-Sport run the same spec as last season, which perhaps makes things seem a little worse.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Very strange situation with Ostberg's car in Argentina. Was there no problem with Camilli's and what about Tanak's ??

Mads was quite clear in telling everyone after stages that he was happy with his driving and was usually on the limit... he must have been inferring that it wasn't him that was to blame for the slow times.

Hopefully we will see the evidence in Portugal.