Page 63 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Spot on Lundefaret! He's basically being criticized for not ploughing his own hard-earned money back into a direct fight against manufacturers. A fight he knows he can not win. M-Sport could easily have walked away from the top level of the sport but have continually opted not to. And I'm massively thankful they haven't.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Spot on Lundefaret! He's basically being criticized for not ploughing his own hard-earned money back into a direct fight against manufacturers. A fight he knows he can not win. M-Sport could easily have walked away from the top level of the sport but have continually opted not to. And I'm massively thankful they haven't.
    But why didn't they? Malcolm knows very well if he leaves series, the only option will become GT. WRC is golden duck for him...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    MSport footprint at WRC and on the global rally scene it’s now legendary.

Ok, he didn’t get Loeb and Ogier, but who can blame him for it? Ford leaved WRC for marketing reasons (when factories were closing down in Europe) but Wilson was able to secure their tech support and provide state of the art rally cars to customers around the world (they’re overpriced because of FIA rules).

For sure his (and our) aspiration was to see Ford coming back to WRC instead of joining RX field, but US Ford’s principals will realize (an WEC/LeMans fiasco can make it sooner than later) that the company right spot it’s on WRC, with MSport.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    A quick look at Companies House shows:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

That MSport is quite healthy. Not a large company, but certainly making a reasonable profit. Although of course filings are only to end of 2014.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I think anyone with a bit of maturity and understanding of what it means to run a business can only appreciate what MW has done. These cries about him getting rich are like teenager tantrums. Yes he most probably has a nice turnover from all the cars, parts and services M-Sport sells, and much of that is going back into growing the company. He has managed to remain in the WRC without manufacturer support only because that business exists and is able to generate enough income for him to spend on an expensive WRC participation.

But yeah it's quite easy to say on the internet he failed this and that while sitting in a comfy chair. I'm not his biggest fan and don't agree with some things he says or does but in any case I don't think you can call him a failure.

6. Likes: aykutbilir (30th March 2016),dimviii (30th March 2016),dupanton (30th March 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (30th March 2016),makinen_fan (30th March 2016),Micke_VOC (21st April 2016),Nornbugger (31st March 2016),sindroms (30th March 2016),Vincemon1285 (30th March 2016)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I think anyone with a bit of maturity and understanding of what it means to run a business can only appreciate what MW has done. These cries about him getting rich are like teenager tantrums. Yes he most probably has a nice turnover from all the cars, parts and services M-Sport sells, and much of that is going back into growing the company. He has managed to remain in the WRC without manufacturer support only because that business exists and is able to generate enough income for him to spend on an expensive WRC participation.

But yeah it's quite easy to say on the internet he failed this and that while sitting in a comfy chair. I'm not his biggest fan and don't agree with some things he says or does but in any case I don't think you can call him a failure.
    Good post. I agree that Wilson is not a failure, as a businessman or driver. It just bothers me, that it doesn't seem to bother him, that M-Sport are not competitive. I'm not sure why some of that turnover you talk about can't be used to pay a decent driver.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    A quick look at Companies House shows:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

That MSport is quite healthy. Not a large company, but certainly making a reasonable profit. Although of course filings are only to end of 2014.
    Interesting reading there..
    46.6 million English Squids in turnover.
    Total tax paid on everything: zero! They got credit to carry forward against any future tax liability..

Guess the Pommie Parliament is as kind to companies as the US Congress is...

Zero taxes paid...

Wonder if Malcom uses the same accounting firms on his 250,000 quid salary?
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 31st March 2016 at 14:00.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Interesting reading there..
    46.6 million English Squids in turnover.
    Total tax paid on everything: zero! They got credit to carry forward against any future tax liability..

Guess the Pommie Parliament is as kind to companies as the US Congress is...

Zero taxes paid...

Wonder if Malcom uses the same accounting firms on his 500,000 quid salary?
    244.148, actually. The half a million is the total sum for all directors.

The 0 tax expense is because of the R&D Tax credit system, which was introduced to encourage companies to invest in R&D.
    Profits can not be carried forward, only losses can. They did so in 2013 for 123.000 pounds.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I'm not sure why some of that turnover you talk about can't be used to pay a decent driver.
    why to pay a driver that could win a championship?
    will he sell more r5?
    will he sell more parts from all previous r5 grA wrc r2 etc rally cars?
    will he rent/sell/service more wrc cars?
    will ford ever will pay for a works comeback, if Msport can win world championsips without Ford money?
    NOT is the answer for all these questions.
    Malcolm doesnt care about to win a wrc title.
    He just cares to be present at wrc.All the others comes ''easy way''
    at previous talks i ve said that is the most clever man at wrc circus.Or maybe the man, who has the most profit, from this circus if you like.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Who are all these 'top drivers' that MW wouldn't pay for, apart from Loeb & Ogier (who were settled at Citroen and probably outbid for by VW, respectively) ?

Hirvonen ? Latvala ? Neuville ? Ostberg ?

MW has tried them.

He cant be expected to have employed Meeke, Sordo, Mikkelsen and Paddon at some point as well..
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 30th March 2016 at 18:46.

12. Likes: Nornbugger (31st March 2016)