Page 62 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    His wallet fills from selling winning R5´s. Surely not so much from WRC campaign.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    If Malcolm Wilson is making so much money from running his team why are more not doing it? I don't know his business details and I'm sure the others commenting on here do N.O.T. either, but in my everyday life everytime I've came across people making money relatively easily there are lots of other trying to emulate what they are doing. I'm sure if we all knew the detail of their accounts we'd see that for the investment and expertise involved the returns are most likely not spectacular.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    He sells WRC cars, seats, R5, S2000 (before), rebuild them, etc. WRC campaign is here for promotion of business (with help from ford). Now there's also Bentley GT program...

4. Likes: Rallyper (28th March 2016)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    You have a production body shell. Spice it with tuning stuff. Mount it together and double the price. Sell 75-100 a year. (I´m not saying that is how MW is doing, but all business are kind of like that, isn´t it?)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    If Malcolm Wilson is making so much money from running his team why are more not doing it? I don't know his business details and I'm sure the others commenting on here do N.O.T. either, but in my everyday life everytime I've came across people making money relatively easily there are lots of other trying to emulate what they are doing. I'm sure if we all knew the detail of their accounts we'd see that for the investment and expertise involved the returns are most likely not spectacular.
    Nobody argues that he is the best in rallying business when it comes to promotion and profit, he just fails tragically at winning anything at top level since ford left, same like when he was behind the wheel, a failure.

Liked 5,562 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Wilson failure was not hire Ogier. If he got the kid he smashed the others.

8. Likes: Sulland (29th March 2016)
    Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Nobody argues that he is the best in rallying business when it comes to promotion and profit, he just fails tragically at winning anything at top level since ford left, same like when he was behind the wheel, a failure.
    Cynically enough, neither Ford or Wilson want to win. Wilson : "Hi Ford, want some glory ? please pipe in some bucks.", Ford : " Hi, no, thanks, we're fine with you losing for us on a regular basis. We're only here to stay and be seen plus the sport is so badly managed with such poor visibility that we figured out the current bucks are good enough to fix your castle.", Wilson : " Ok, deal"
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

10. Likes: Rallyper (29th March 2016),WUff1 (29th March 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

You use the word profit again, can you please enlighten me to just how lucrative Mr Wilsons business is please?
    To call him and his efforts at MSport a failure is ludicrous, his efforts as a driver too, of course both have been less than they could have been but the only failure in this is the likes of yourself who having tried nothing have managed to achieve the same, grow a pair lad and get out and try and do something instead of belittling the efforts of those who's shoes you couldn't lace.

12. Likes: AMSS (29th March 2016),janvanvurpa (29th March 2016),Rally Power (29th March 2016)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    M-Sport a failure since Ford left ?? What do people expect, them to take on and beat the factory teams ??

Just remaining in the WRC is a success.

And having the highest placed non-VW driver in 2015 WDC.

14. Likes: pantealex (6th April 2016),Rallyper (29th March 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    You use the word profit again, can you please enlighten me to just how lucrative Mr Wilsons business is please?
    To call him and his efforts at MSport a failure is ludicrous, his efforts as a driver too, of course both have been less than they could have been but the only failure in this is the likes of yourself who having tried nothing have managed to achieve the same, grow a pair lad and get out and try and do something instead of belittling the efforts of those who's shoes you couldn't lace.
    Hello Nornbugger

To describe M- Sport/Malcom Wilsons business plan I am sure that you know it consist of several parts:
    - Running the WRC team (most of all as a promotion for M- Sport services.)
    - Selling R5 and other rally cars.
    - Selling parts for all of the above.
    - Refurbishing/servicing all of the above.
    And that is just the rally part.

M-Sport, as I am sure you know, also does rally cross, and will do the HOONIGAN/Ken Block team with a Focus this year (surely a multi year contract paid for by Ford, and also does endurance racing with Bentley in the Blancpain series, and will of course sell cars/services/parts etc.

M- Sport has also started dabbling in the street car arena with the M- Sport edition Ford Transit Van, and an edition of the Fiesta ST. They surely also "rent out" engineering capabilities, and with the planned expansion of their site, with much larges facilities (they are already large) and their own test track etc, they surely want to go more down the OEM route.

Judging by M-Sports ever growing site and number of staff (about 200 on the Dovenby Hall site at the moment I think), and their ability to do the WRC effort with no main sponsor, surely says something about the profits in the business.

And his business being so successful, is it others trying to emulate him?
    Yes off course, and he is also emulating others. Its called the motorsport business.
    His business plan is the same as Prodrive, Tommi Mäkinen Racing, etc etc. But the big thing seperating him is that he has been able to shift a large number of rally cars, and kept a closed loop on servicing/parts etc.
    But its nothing new, its done all trough motorsport, even by big manufacturers like Porsche etc.

The success of the R5 class in rallying is much down to Malcolm Wilson. And off course several manufacturers are hopping on that band wagon, because they see that parts of their motorsport effort can actually yield a return profit.

Malcolm Wilson should be praised for running a stand alone motorsport effort that sustainable, and doesn't end with changing of the guards at the marketing department of a car brand.

And he also should receive praise for running a team that has a history of bringing up young talent. If you count the top WRC drivers today, and of the recent past, a huge number of them has gone trough M- Sport, if they had to pay or not: Latvala, Østberg, Neuville, H. Solberg, (and P. Solberg), Märtin, Evans, Tanak, Mikkelsen (Stobart). etc etc etc.

To call Malcom Wilson a failure is just ridiculous.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

16. Likes: bluuford (29th March 2016),EstWRC (29th March 2016),Micke_VOC (21st April 2016),Nornbugger (31st March 2016),pantealex (6th April 2016),Rallyper (30th March 2016),Simmi (29th March 2016),stefanvv (29th March 2016),Sulland (30th March 2016),TWRC (29th March 2016),WUff1 (30th March 2016)