Page 37 of 523 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

For a car manufacturer looking to put together a full-season campaign with two cars, yes.

But what if Bouffier was simply looking to pick up an extra round? I imagine that would be considerably cheaper. It's too late for Sweden, and Mexico would naturally be more expensive since there is a trans-Atlantic flight involved, but he would probably have enough time to strike up a deal for Portugal. And if he performs in any ERC rounds he is doing, that would attract attention, too. And we have seen people willing to loan out their cars for events. Didn't Tamrazov do that last year? Maybe that is another avenue Bouffier could pursue.

Going round-by-round is not ideal, but if it's all you have got, then it will have to make do.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts

What are you talking about Prisoner Monkeys? Look at Ford, look at Mini/Prodrive failure. No human being is able to find a sponsor for this sport. Even Bouffier's dog is running out of ideas!

Scooby-Doo found a sponsor for Bouffier

source - http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ml&act=url

It seems almost as a movie script, but the dog of the 35 -year-old Bryan Bouffier is the reason the last two years the French pilot to find a sponsor and takes part in the Monte Carlo Rally .

"This is a very nice story. It all began in 2005 when I had a big dog . Was 80 -pound, like a Scooby - Doo. We called him Achu . Was 80 kg eating only chicken - explains the backstory Bryan Bouffier . - I got him when he was only 6 months and the only thing I wanted to do was to wean him to eat chicken. "

Achu flatly refused any other food except chicken and it turns out to be a big problem, even purely financial.

" I was shopping from the local supermarket, but the amount per month was really huge. They worked with a company specializing in the production of food of birds. It's called Royal Bernard . So first I made a call to the company asking if I could get the meat at a lower price, but initially I got a negative answer. "

Although disappointed, Bouffier goes straight to the head office to seek discounts direct from the bosses, not by the owner of the supermarket.

" We discussed the price and I got a chicken at a lower price - explains Bouffier . - Then in the last two years we met again and again getting my chicken . "

In 2012 the intention of Bouffier is to participate in Monte Carlo , but for a full budget he still needs more sponsors.

" I talked to the boss to see if the company is interested to help me. We arranged a meeting. The conversation lasted ten minutes and he became my biggest sponsor this year . The guy is not rally into motorsports, has three racing horses, but he trusted me , he said okay and realized that in 2013 I want to drive WRC, and he said he would help again. Here's how a year ago I could hire DS3 WRC, and now the Fiesta RS WRC. "
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    What are you talking about Prisoner Monkeys? Look at Ford, look at Mini/Prodrive failure. No human being is able to find a sponsor for this sport. Even Bouffier's dog is running out of ideas!

Scooby-Doo found a sponsor for Bouffier

source - http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ml&act=url

It seems almost as a movie script, but the dog of the 35 -year-old Bryan Bouffier is the reason the last two years the French pilot to find a sponsor and takes part in the Monte Carlo Rally .

"This is a very nice story. It all began in 2005 when I had a big dog . Was 80 -pound, like a Scooby - Doo. We called him Achu . Was 80 kg eating only chicken - explains the backstory Bryan Bouffier . - I got him when he was only 6 months and the only thing I wanted to do was to wean him to eat chicken. "

Achu flatly refused any other food except chicken and it turns out to be a big problem, even purely financial.

" I was shopping from the local supermarket, but the amount per month was really huge. They worked with a company specializing in the production of food of birds. It's called Royal Bernard . So first I made a call to the company asking if I could get the meat at a lower price, but initially I got a negative answer. "

Although disappointed, Bouffier goes straight to the head office to seek discounts direct from the bosses, not by the owner of the supermarket.

" We discussed the price and I got a chicken at a lower price - explains Bouffier . - Then in the last two years we met again and again getting my chicken . "

In 2012 the intention of Bouffier is to participate in Monte Carlo , but for a full budget he still needs more sponsors.

" I talked to the boss to see if the company is interested to help me. We arranged a meeting. The conversation lasted ten minutes and he became my biggest sponsor this year . The guy is not rally into motorsports, has three racing horses, but he trusted me , he said okay and realized that in 2013 I want to drive WRC, and he said he would help again. Here's how a year ago I could hire DS3 WRC, and now the Fiesta RS WRC. "
    Ha ha, thats' brilliant !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts

I read something interesting earlier. I haven't looked up to check, but is it true?:

"In 2014 so far Bouffier, Kubica, Tänak, Henning Solberg all won stages in a Fiesta WRC, yet Ford's works drivers didn't."

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I read something interesting earlier. I haven't looked up to check, but is it true?:

"In 2014 so far Bouffier, Kubica, Tänak, Henning Solberg all won stages in a Fiesta WRC, yet Ford's works drivers didn't."
    100% true
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Speaks volumes about their choise of drivers

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

haha, this is a great story, Jarek, thanks for sharing

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COD

Speaks volumes about their choise of drivers

Dont write young Evans off yet, Malcolm is trying to invest for the future with him and I think the lad is well worth the punt

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts

I am still a bit worried about Evans. He stepped (or was forced to step up) up to highest level but he should have stayed on a lower level for some time. Much easier/cheaper way to gain experience and less pressure. WRC2 season + some more familiar events with WRC would have been ideal for him. I hope he can handle the pressure.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wilson is totally useless atdriver choices

A good example of this is letting hirvoslow back in the team

Evans is a however is a good move and I would love to see him beating hirvoslow regularly
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....