Page 12 of 523 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast
    Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts

Re: M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Besides, having as many teams as seven is very exceptional situation in the history of WRC. The norm has been about half of that so what we really need is not that much, provided that Citroen stays with real intention.

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Donty get too hung up on the value of manufacturers teams, if they all left the sport would evolve and survive, they arent a bad thing for the sport but they certainly arent the be all and end all for it, in ways they have used there power to stem some of the good bits of the sport

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Personally I can't see not being able to buy a street version of a C4/Fiesta/Polo/I30 4wd etc an issue.

It's the spectacle and competition (often not too much of that....) that attracts the more casual fan.
    There's the critical thing. Rally has since the "World rally Car" rules become "just a spectacle" in a media world filled with tons of other spectacles.

Gone totally ---except at the club level in great events like Finlands amazing F-cup---is the old idea of what I call "identification".

Now just parade ANYTHING (rally car, Touring car, drag car, F1 car, moto-cross bike, sail boat, airplane, skateboard, skier, Monster truck ANY thing) plastered 100% in Bed Rull, Dubai, Microsoft, Merril Lynch signage , pay some fools to babble and rant and "analyze' the "brilliant move" by some schmuck---and you've done what you intended.

Like most things "made for TV" the thing itself (in our case rally) is relatively unimportant, it is a small part of the "media package".

Mirek is right, tho. The economics of building good base cars in the old 5000 units or the reduced 2500 means we won't see anything like the cars we once saw--and own.

So our choice is simple, we should be simple minded, obedient media consumers and learn from the F1 and Nascar fans---maybe if we all stuffed enough burgers and swilled enough beer and Bed Rull or Monsterous Energy drink to paralyze our brains, we could argue incessantly about each gearchange some guy manages to do like its an important and amazing achievement...

Or we could just build nice simple cars from the 80s and 90s and go get sideways ourselves!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Personally I can't see not being able to buy a street version of a C4/Fiesta/Polo/I30 4wd etc an issue.

It's the spectacle and competition (often not too much of that....) that attracts the more casual fan.
    There's the critical thing. Rally has since the "World rally Car" rules become "just a spectacle" in a media world filled with tons of other spectacles.

Gone totally ---except at the club level in great events like Finlands amazing F-cup---is the old idea of what I call "identification".

Now just parade ANYTHING (rally car, Touring car, drag car, F1 car, moto-cross bike, sail boat, airplane, skateboard, skier, Monster truck ANY thing) plastered 100% in Bed Rull, Dubai, Microsoft, Merril Lynch signage , pay some fools to babble and rant and "analyze' the "brilliant move" by some schmuck---and you've done what you intended.

Like most things "made for TV" the thing itself (in our case rally) is relatively unimportant, it is a small part of the "media package".

Mirek is right, tho. The economics of building good base cars in the old 5000 units or the reduced 2500 means we won't see anything like the cars we once saw--and own.

So our choice is simple, we should be simple minded, obedient media consumers and learn from the F1 and Nascar fans---maybe if we all stuffed enough burgers and swilled enough beer and Bed Rull or Monsterous Energy drink to paralyze our brains, we could argue incessantly about each gearchange some guy manages to do like its an important and amazing achievement...

Or we could just build nice simple cars from the 80s and 90s and go get sideways ourselves!

Awesome post!!!

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts

does anyone know if it's certain for Mikko Hirvonen comming back to M-Sport?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts

The majority of people here I suspect...

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    if somebody confirm it for you then you will begin asking for another driver.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

How old are you? Sorry, but your questioning reminds me of my 6 year old niece.

Have to disagree with NOT, Even at the local level you have to have some "money." Like when you call Janvanvurpa for his $2500 suspension, and your nearest event is a 10hr drive for an entry fee of $600, and the sanctioning body decides to finally update helmet rules and deems your $600 helmet unusable for next year after only 8 events. So it's all relative but it still takes money
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107

Have to disagree with NOT, Even at the local level you have to have some "money." Like when you call Janvanvurpa for his $2500 suspension, and your nearest event is a 10hr drive for an entry fee of $600, and the sanctioning body decides to finally update helmet rules and deems your $600 helmet unusable for next year after only 8 events. So it's all relative but it still takes money
    I'm truely sorry, i will stop asking those stupid questions, i promise
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107

what a cheeky twat, it was a simple enough question which there was no need for you pathetic answer smartarse
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....