Page 10 of 525 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I understood that homologation freeze only comprised new WRC homologations, not any new VO homologations.

Also by Malcom Wilson, the price of a R5 is frozen until the end of 2015 so I don’t think there will be any changes in the WRC format before that.

World Rally Championship - News - Wilson: New R5 a big step forward
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tank you for share this
    cheap cycling jersey at http://www.cycling-wear.com

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Re: M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Quite amazing how bad MSport is to set up the cars before SS 1. They vey often mess it up!

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    I understood that homologation freeze only comprised new WRC homologations, not any new VO homologations.

Also by Malcom Wilson, the price of a R5 is frozen until the end of 2015 so I don’t think there will be any changes in the WRC format before that.

World Rally Championship - News - Wilson: New R5 a big step forward
    No, this "frozen price" is quite difficult story. FIA set the price limit for S2000 cars, but manufacturers raised that price much more highly. So now there is new system where all costs and prices are regulated...

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Malcolm would like the R5 to be the top class, but admits that with new entrants Hyundai and VW it is not fair just yet. It does make a lot more sense. but from my perspective, I still have issues with manufacturers who do not even market an AWD sports car entering. It needs to be much more production based and is becoming a boring sport with sprints and the same old stages each year.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by litifeta
    Malcolm would like the R5 to be the top class, but admits that with new entrants Hyundai and VW it is not fair just yet. It does make a lot more sense. but from my perspective, I still have issues with manufacturers who do not even market an AWD sports car entering. It needs to be much more production based and is becoming a boring sport with sprints and the same old stages each year.
    Forget about that dream. Times changed. No manufacturer can afford to develop and produce road-going WRC anymore. A stock car has became a colossal process which requires years of preparations, thousands of people, hundreds of sub-suppliers, after-sale services all over the Globe etc. Plus there are more and more strict emission and fuel-consumption standards. Also the market for such cars is very small. Nobody can make profit out of that. Current WRC rules are simply multiply cheaper for any manufacturer than production based rallycars. They are also much more flexible. Imagine what it is to change just one button in the dashboard in a stock car. It takes several months and huge money to implement any change in the process.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts

Thats a nice explanation but.

People are getting less interested in the sport if they cannot buy streetversions of a wrc car. (I mean no stickertuning versions) Also Dtm does not have the apeal from a big audience like it was in the time they raced e30 DTM. Win on sunday sell on monday.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Cars became a common consumer goods through the years. It's very different to situation 30 years a go. In the days when having a car with 60 Hp was something of a value to see a car with 300 Hp was something special itself. Who can be stunned by 300 Hp strong cars in 2013? Everybody can buy a 300 Hp car today. There's hardly any way out of this. World no longer lives by motoring. Do You think more buyers are interested in sporty suspension of their new car than in its comfort, color, audio or modern electronic stuff to play with? I doubt so. Thirty years a go people used to know at least what they have under the bonnet. Now even BMW goes 3-cylinder FWD way...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdvEvo

People are getting less interested in the sport if they cannot buy streetversions of a wrc car. (I mean no stickertuning versions) Also Dtm does not have the apeal from a big audience like it was in the time they raced e30 DTM. Win on sunday sell on monday.
    I don't underatand this - people won't follow the WRC because they can't buy a 'street version'? Sadly, this is quite a common view I see repeatedly on other car forums.
    I never hear this from F1, LMP1 fans.......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvEvo

I don't underatand this - people won't follow the WRC because they can't buy a 'street version'? Sadly, this is quite a common view I see repeatedly on other car forums.
    I never hear this from F1, LMP1 fans.......
    That's because if they are a F1 LiMP1 BTCC, WTCC NASCAR INDY whatever fan-boi, they already obviously don't care, they are mere media consumers--since they CAN'T buy--or even SIT in anything like what they get their ya-yas out watching..
    Me I don't think I could manage to watch ANY of that stuff even for serious money.. Aside from the extremely high chance of death by boredom, there is zero connection to ANYTHING.. They are all mostly engineering exercises.
    As WRC became so unlimited, so detached, and so expensive, my own interest has plummeted.
    I am not interested in the adventures of rich "tourists", but so expensive is the making of the cars, the whole field is mostly full of just ordinary guys (in terms of skill or detrimination) who this week decided to play rally-driver.
    When the cars are only attainable by paying Malcolm Wilson 5 million squids, the ability to spend 5 million is the primary "talent" a person must have..and POOOF! Instant WRC driver.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat